Neighborhood Dog 2 (revision)

  • Steve Toth
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9 9:19 AM
      NEIGHBORHOOD DOG 2

      We hear some furious barking
      & look out to see the red pitbull
      that is the neighborhood watch dog
      confronting the electric meter reader
      who is holding a flexible metal rod with
      a weighted tip looking to get a shot in

      We hurry over & the dog jumps with a yelp
      as Sheila claps her hands
      to get his attention
      Then grabs his collar & starts calming him down
      I get this all day he says
      If they let me have a gun I’d shoot them

      I would too says our neighbor arriving on the scene
      They come charging me when I’m riding my bike
      Sheila holds the dog gently but firmly by the collar
      as the reader goes about his business & our neighbor asks
      Did you hear what happened to our dog?
      No we didn’t but we haven’t seen her

      Well my daughter & her boyfriend
      were driving up in the mountains
      when they went off the road
      They weren’t hurt but the dog broke her back
      She was in terrible pain dragging her hind legs
      trying to walk so they had to shoot her

      Her husband acted all upset & said he wanted the dog
      but he had more than two months
      & never came by to pick her up
      I just told my daughter it was a good thing
      it wasn’t one
      of the kids