14879poem: What if? Round Two

  • mel campos
    Jul 6, 2014
      (Hello Everybody,

      Just a note from me--It's been a good while since I've posted poems or anything for that matter here in yahoo. I have written some but mostly posted them in my facebook or my blog. So much has been going on in my life of late....my daughter having many medical issues in which we are trying to find an answer to them....my dog having her first batch of puppies and I'm taking care of them,,,the end of my school year was busy,,,my summer is cut short from making up snow days,,,and I'm trying to just stay well myself. I think of you all often. Love, Melanie )

       What if? Round Two

      What if the color of sad is red?
      I don’t even feel in very deep blue
      Or perhaps it is all in my head
      But my heart beats lonely, too

      What if words are really songs?
      Mix up tunes of various melody
      Replay the collage of it belongs
      From deep within little ole me

      What if paisley is really an ivy?
      And a sunray of kaleidoscope ice
      Prisms twinkling across the sea
      Leaving a blinking image precise

      What if sound is aromatic sweet?
      Like candy and sugary delights
      Would a diabetic need to retreat
      From hearing delectable sights?

      What if is the ending to a question?
      While the beginning is a statement
      Can you imagine all the confusion?
      I’d rather not know of any intent!

      ©6 July 2014; MahTame

      "The earth has music for those who listen"

      William Shakespeare

      Kiowa