14849Re: [poetry_speaks] This Is Your Life

  • mel campos
    Mar 23 3:02 PM
      very wise words, i like this ;)

      "The earth has music for those who listen"

      William Shakespeare

      Kiowa

      On Sunday, March 23, 2014 1:37 PM, Debbie Budnick <dlbudnick@...> wrote:

      looking out the window
      watching the clouds pass on by
           wondering
                dreaming
                     thinking
      but absolutely, totally knowing
      deep down inside
      life does not have to be
      like those clouds passing by

      life is what you make of it
      the days, your days, belong to you
      and you can stroll, glide, run
      whenever you feel the need to
      but never, absolutely never,
      allow someone else
      to manage your life for you

      others who try to manage your life for you
      are wanting, needing to control something
      because their life feels incomplete to them
      for some reason or another
      because their life feels lonely to them
      or maybe, possibly more often than not,
      their life feels shattered and not right
      when they are not managing
      or even trying to ruin other peoples life's
      with lies, gossip, and other ficticious things
      they believe to be true in their small minds

      looking out the window
      watching the clouds passing by
           wondering
                dreaming
                      thinking
      but always totally knowing
      deep down inside of me
      that my life is my life
      that my life will never be your life or anybody else's

      so remember
      if someone tries to manage your life
      kick them out of your life
      and never look back

      Debbie Budnick
      my books: "The Writer Within", "One Road, One Poet", "Mirror of My Thoughts", and "Life Problems" can be found on PublishAmerica.com

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic