5714WEDNESDAY'S WEEKLY PROMPT (5/28/14) - THUNDER BOOMER

  • G. Smith
    Jun 2, 2014
      One of the new words this year is “Kurine (noun) : poetry written in twenty lines”…

      And so I thought I’d attempt to use the word by attempting the word’s definition…
      ———-
      THUNDER BOOMER
      G. Smith
      —————–
      Gray storm clouds drift in, one by one,
      And start to crowd the summer sun,
      A sudden breeze stirs up the trees,
      And loose leaves scatter, on the run.

      Temperature drops a few degrees;
      The darkened sky just guarantees
      The rain will come before too long
      While blue sky only serves to tease.

      Thunder rumbles low and strong,
      Interrupting birds mid-song,
      The golden looks up, wags his tail,
      I scratch his ears, say, “Nothing’s wrong.”

      But then there comes the sound of hail,
      Followed by rain poured pail by pail,
      And suddenly I find my gaze
      Rushes back from that distant gale.