5530Re: [poemoftheday] A Christmastime Prayer

  • Grace Andersen
    Dec 22, 2013
      Family is important....Iam on my way for a f w days down south, aft r g tting back from a w  ks camping trip.  Not  , th r  is a l tt r that is n0t working on my comput r.  Why is looking so funny.  Thanks for po m.  Grac
      From: RUTH <ruthnott@...>
      To: poemoftheday@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2013 4:45 AM
      Subject: [poemoftheday] A Christmastime Prayer

      Christmastime Prayer

      Lord, please take away this holiday stress,
      the hurry and scurry and also the worry.
      Take away the need to please and impress
      with the gifts we feel we must buy.
      Lord, help us get to the heart of the matter
      where your precious peace and your love still reign.
      For we should not care for the food nor the platters,
      just the time spent alone with you.
      Lord, show us how to be calm, worry-free
      by planning and caring and sharing the load.
      Help us to hold our family close enough to see
      the importance of time spent together.
      Help us to teach by example Lord,
      to care for one another, to send a card,
      or pray to you with one accord,
      asking for peace at home and abroad.

      Copyright 2007 by Ruth Y. Nott

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic