5442Come on Out!

  • RUTH
    Sep 1, 2013
      This is something written while I was sitting quietly hand-quilting this morning.

      Come on Out!

      Though I have Jesus in my heart
      The devil's on my shoulder
      Whispering enticements in my ear.
      As my will is growing weaker,
      I'm pleading with you Jesus,
      Come on out, come on out
      And knock him clear!

      Oh how I want to be good just like you taught me,
      But the wilder side of life has captured me.
      As I walk down wayward paths I need you Jesus,
      Come on out, come on out and set me free!

      Though I have Jesus in my heart
      The devil's on my shoulder
      Pouring forth his lies in flowery speech.
      As he tries so hard to win me
      I'm pleading with you Jesus,
      Come on out, come on out
      Let's hear you preach!

      Oh how I want to be good just like you taught me,
      But the wilder side of life has captured me.
      As I walk down wayward paths I need you Jesus,
      Come on out, come on out and set me free!

      Though I have Jesus in my heart
      The devil's on my shoulder
      And soon the devil's way will be my fate.
      As my will is growing weaker
      I'm pleading with you Jesus
      Come on out, come on out
      And please don't wait!