Re: [podhajce] Kozlowski Family

  • JK
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 16, 2010
      hi Henrietta,

      I am not sure if this yahoo group covers poles from podhajce but you probably know that most poles were removed from the town after the war as part of the polish ukrainian population exchange (operation vistula)...

      the polish cathedral in podhajce is in ruins. most poles were relocated to west poland in the wroclaw region.

      i met one family, the sikorski's when i visited podhajce...i am not sure if they are polish but the name doesnt sound ukrainian...very nice people...the womans mother was shot by the germans for hiding two jewish boys, named Kessler and the children of the town's optometrist.

      some of the records might be in warsaw, others in Lvov...

      jeff kellner