Names I am searching and JRI

  • hakenshanghai
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 18, 2010
      Dear Folks,
      Just spent a few minutes on the JRI website. If you put in only a town--Podhajce without a surname there will be many entries from other towns. 300 plus hits in just Tarnopol woj. alone. This is a way to find misspelled names and there are many or relatives who moved. My interest in Podhajce is with Jutta Hacken who married Yechil David Loew. They were living in Podhajce when their two children were born. The listing I found in an LDS microfilm awhile back. The interesting thing was that Jutta's midwife was Shaindel Leah Hacken from Vishnevchik a small town a few miles away and her mother.
      The other names from the area are Kornweitz, Leibling, Brechar, Wechsler,Suhl,Halpern, Weissman, Kallman and Buchwald.
      I am always glad to answer questions.
      Georgia Haken
    • Houtex97
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 19, 2010
        --- In podhajce@yahoogroups.com, "hakenshanghai" <hakenshanghai@...>
        wrote:

        > Dear Folks,
        > Just spent a few minutes on the JRI website. If you put in only a
        town--Podhajce without a surname there will be many entries from other
        towns. 300 plus hits in just Tarnopol woj. alone. This is a way to find
        misspelled names and there are many or relatives who moved. My interest
        in Podhajce is with Jutta Hacken who married Yechil David Loew. They
        were living in Podhajce when their two children were born. The listing I
        found in an LDS microfilm awhile back. The interesting thing was that
        Jutta's midwife was Shaindel Leah Hacken from Vishnevchik a small town a
        few miles away and her mother.
        > The other names from the area are Kornweitz, Leibling, Brechar,
        Wechsler,Suhl,Halpern, Weissman, Kallman and Buchwald.
        > I am always glad to answer questions.
        > Georgia Haken

        My father's parents were Zalman and Freida Farb.

        Can you tell me anything about my family?

        thanks

        Aubrey M. Farb
      • hakenshanghai
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 20, 2010
          Dear Aubrey and folks,
          When you post a question, it is necessary to give the basics, such as where, when and what have you researched so far.
          Georgia

          --- In podhajce@yahoogroups.com, "Houtex97" <amf97@...> wrote:

          > --- In podhajce@yahoogroups.com, "hakenshanghai" <hakenshanghai@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Dear Folks,
          > > Just spent a few minutes on the JRI website. If you put in only a
          > town--Podhajce without a surname there will be many entries from other
          > towns. 300 plus hits in just Tarnopol woj. alone. This is a way to find
          > misspelled names and there are many or relatives who moved. My interest
          > in Podhajce is with Jutta Hacken who married Yechil David Loew. They
          > were living in Podhajce when their two children were born. The listing I
          > found in an LDS microfilm awhile back. The interesting thing was that
          > Jutta's midwife was Shaindel Leah Hacken from Vishnevchik a small town a
          > few miles away and her mother.
          > > The other names from the area are Kornweitz, Leibling, Brechar,
          > Wechsler,Suhl,Halpern, Weissman, Kallman and Buchwald.
          > > I am always glad to answer questions.
          > > Georgia Haken
          > >
          > My father's parents were Zalman and Freida Farb.
          >

          > Can you tell me anything about my family?
          >

          > thanks
          >

          > Aubrey M. Farb

        • susan farb
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 21, 2010
            Hi, Aubrey.  I've not been able to find much on our family, either.  I do know my gg-grandfather was Solomon, with his wife Devorah, last name unknown. I do know that both Zalman and Aaron came in through New York, and that Zalman was in his 40s.  If I run across more, I'll keep your e-mail and let you know.

            Susan Farb

            Never give up.  And never, under any circumstances, face the facts.~Ruth Gordon