Test message...

  • romansky2002
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 9, 2010
      Greetings Podhajcers...

      In the next little while I'll be testing various features available to us -- sending photos, attachments, files and so on.

      In order not to fill your inboxes with these attachments, I have chosen to strip the attachments from the distributed emails and collect them in various folders available on the site.

      That said, I've never run a Yahoo group before so you may get some things sent inadvertently while I figure out exactly how things work.

      If you wish, I can drop you from the mailings temporarily -- just send me a note, and I'll do so. Feel free to experiment if you wish.

      Thanks for your forbearance!

      Jerome Schatten - Listowner
      Yahoo Group Podhajce
      Vancouver, Canada
    • jerome schatten
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 9, 2010
      This is a test to see how the system strips the attachments. I've
      attached a photograph.
      j.

      On Fri, 2010-07-09 at 21:33 +0000, romansky2002 wrote:

      > Greetings Podhajcers...
      >
      > In the next little while I'll be testing various features available to
      > us -- sending photos, attachments, files and so on.
      >
      > In order not to fill your inboxes with these attachments, I have
      > chosen to strip the attachments from the distributed emails and
      > collect them in various folders available on the site.
      >
      > That said, I've never run a Yahoo group before so you may get some
      > things sent inadvertently while I figure out exactly how things work.
      >
      > If you wish, I can drop you from the mailings temporarily -- just send
      > me a note, and I'll do so. Feel free to experiment if you wish.
      >
      > Thanks for your forbearance!
      >
      > Jerome Schatten - Listowner
      > Yahoo Group Podhajce
      > Vancouver, Canada

    • Houtex97
      Message 3 of 5 , Aug 15, 2010
        I do not understand how to send messages.

        Please help.

        Thanks

        Amf

        --- In podhajce@yahoogroups.com, "romansky2002" <romers@...> wrote:

        > Greetings Podhajcers...
        >
        > In the next little while I'll be testing various features available to us -- sending photos, attachments, files and so on.
        >
        > In order not to fill your inboxes with these attachments, I have chosen to strip the attachments from the distributed emails and collect them in various folders available on the site.
        >
        > That said, I've never run a Yahoo group before so you may get some things sent inadvertently while I figure out exactly how things work.
        >
        > If you wish, I can drop you from the mailings temporarily -- just send me a note, and I'll do so. Feel free to experiment if you wish.
        >
        > Thanks for your forbearance!
        >
        > Jerome Schatten - Listowner
        > Yahoo Group Podhajce
        > Vancouver, Canada

      • jerome schatten
        Message 4 of 5 , Aug 15, 2010
          Welcome aboard and congratulations Amf!

          You just successfully sent the message below to the group.

          To send messages to the group, send it to:
          podhajce@yahoogroups.com

          To send a message to the moderator or to get help, send it to:
          list-owner@yahoogroups.com

          Group email addresses are at the bottom of the home page just above the
          adverts at:

          Best,
          Jerome Schatten
          Vancouver

          On Mon, 2010-08-16 at 04:58 +0000, Houtex97 wrote:

          > I do not understand how to send messages.
          >
          > Please help.
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Amf

        • romansky2002
          Message 5 of 5 , Aug 15, 2010
            I guess I should have added that you can always go to the group home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podhajce/
            and from the menu on the left hand side of the page, click on 'Post'.

            Fill in your message and click on 'Send' at the bottom right (or top right) of the page. I then get a notice that the message is waiting. I check to see it isn't spam, and then approve it, and everyone gets a copy. Either way, from your email account or by web, all messages are looked at.

            Best,
            j.