In search of birth certificate for Meir Marbach

  • Ohad Marbach
    Message 1 of 4 , May 25, 2014
      Dear Podhajce group,

      I am trying to find a birth certificate or any other document that would prove my Grandfather, Meir Marbach, God rest his soul, was a polish citizen, or deserves a polish citizenship.
      could you help me in my search?

      I already found his picture in the Podhajce book (second picture):
      http://www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/podhajce/pod097.html
      I also sent emails to various libraries, with no result yet.

      Sincerely,

      --
      Ohad Marbach
      Music For Film, TV And Commercials

    • jeffckellner
      Message 2 of 4 , May 25, 2014
        Hi Ohad,
        the Polish archive in warsaw or the Ukrainian archive in Lviv...if you tell me the purpose of proving his polish heritage, and where/when he lived, i can better assist you.
        Jeff Kellner
        Vienna Austria

        trikolad@...

        www.ohadmarbach.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 26, 2014
          Hi Jeff,
          Nice to meet you.

          He lived in Podhajce since birth 1905 and until 1926 when he moved to Israel.
          I need his birth certificate because I want to claim a Polish citizenship for him and then for me.
          The siblings of his brother Yehoshua already did it, and have now a polish passport. but they had much more data than I do because he lived longer in Poland.

          Thank you for helping,

          Ohad Marbach

          Message 4 of 4 , May 26, 2014
            Hi Ohad,
            This birth record index is for Nathan Marbach born in1905 from Podhajce

            Podhajce PSA AGAD Births 1866/1894,1900,01,04,05
            NOTE! no records survive - only INDEXES - Click here for more info
            Tarnopol Wojewodztwo / Ukraine
            (records in Fond 300 in AGAD Archive)
            Located at 49°16’ 25°08’
            Last updated May 2007

            Please note that some of the links to the AGAD images are only APPROXIMATE and should be within a few pages of the correct image.
            Use the scrolling arrow buttons at the bottom of each page to move forwards and backwards based on the year and akt number you want to view.

            Click
            to viewSurnameGiven NameYearTypeAktaPageIndex PageSygnaturaView Nearby ImageMARBACHChaim Juda1877B341312984View Nearby ImageMARBACHLea1886B10613986View Nearby ImageMARBACHMaryim1900B4122, 23132165View Nearby ImageMARBACHNathan1905B9348-49132457View Nearby ImageMARBACHRebeka Rachela1905B9448-49132457

            Perhaps this will help.
            Best,
            Cynthia