Fw: [jri-pl] Attention Brzezany, Kozowa, and Podhajce Researchers

  • rosenbaumjean80
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2013
      Wanted to be sure that Podhajce researchers saw this announcement.

      Jean Rosenbaum

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2013
        If you are considering a contribution toward the Podhajce indexing project of 1906-08 births, 1906 & 1910 marriages, and 1906-10 deaths  the letter below tells how to do it.
        Jean Rosenbaum
        Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 12:13 PM

        The easiest way to contribute is using a VISA or MasterCard online at http://jri-poland.org/support.htm. We thank you in advance for your support.

        JRI-Poland deals with vital records and our database includes index entries for records from mainly the AGAD Archive in Warsaw. There are two other sources for vital records. The Ukraine State Archive in Lviv holds some Jewish vital records. These have been microfilmed by the LDS Church and can be viewed at local Family History Centers. See https://familysearch.org/locations/centerlocator. Gesher Galicia has indexed some of these microfilms and has other types of data online at http://search.geshergalicia.org/ including some 1820~70 record indices. The Warsaw civil records office has the new records, those 100 years old or less. These are protected by privacy laws and are not available for research or indexing.

        There are also other types of records and these can be identified by searching http://www.rtrfoundation.org/search.php by town name.

        A contribution of $75 or more will qualify the donor to receive the Excel file with all the current indices. The Excel file of the index entries can help in two ways. First, you will have access to these entries before they are placed online. We do not place these files online until the cost of indexing is fully recovered through researcher donations. Second, the Excel file allows the researcher to sort and filter the data in ways that cannot be done wit the online database.

        Happy New Year.
        Mark

                         Visit the JRI-Poland web site at http://www.jri-poland.org
        are hosted by JewishGen. JRI-Poland data is searchable on the JRI-Poland
        database and is also displayed on the All-Poland database as a service

        .

      • JK
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2014
          Interesting Polish account of Podhajce in the interwar years...detailed info on the Jewish population:

          http://translate.google.at/translate?hl=de&sl=pl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpl.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FPodhajce