Blog post about WWI in Podhajce

  • Jerome Schatten
    Message 1 of 4 , May 12 8:54 PM
      Very interesting Blog post with cards and photos -- a good read:

      http://riowang.blogspot.nl/2012/11/all-quiet-in-eastern-front.html

      Best,
      Jerome
    • Cynthia Singer
      Message 2 of 4 , May 13 5:38 AM
        Thank you Jerome. Indeed, this brings me closer to understanding the war my grandfather Mendel Walfish was conscripted into and became a POW in Siberia before returning and then emigrating.
        Warmest regards,
        Cynthia Singer

        Sent from my iPhone

        Message 3 of 4 , May 13 8:14 AM
          Cynthia... I'm pleased that you found this link of value! I've added
          the link to our Shtetlinks Website:
          http://www.shtetlinks.jewishgen.org/podhajce/ in the 'History' section.

          You may enjoy, as I did, getting 'trapped' into hours of very
          interesting reading as these 'riowang' folks explore many other towns in
          Galicia, Bukovina, etc.

          Best,
          jerome

          On 13-05-13 05:38 AM, Cynthia Singer wrote:
          > Thank you Jerome. Indeed, this brings me closer to understanding the
          > war my grandfather Mendel Walfish was conscripted into and became a
          > POW in Siberia before returning and then emigrating.
          > Warmest regards,
          > Cynthia Singer
          >
          > Sent from my iPhone
          >
          > On May 12, 2013, at 11:54 PM, Jerome Schatten <romers@...
          > <mailto:romers@...>> wrote:
          >
          >> Very interesting Blog post with cards and photos -- a good read:
          >>
          >> http://riowang.blogspot.nl/2012/11/all-quiet-in-eastern-front.html
          >>
          >> Best,
          >> Jerome

        • Cynthia Singer