Some Podahjce research material

  • Jean Rosenbaum
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2012
      I am doing some serious down-sizing and have several files of reseach
      material
      that I no longer need. If anyone (in the U.S.) would like to have any
      particular file, just send me your snail mail address, and I'll get it off
      to you.

      Available files:

      1. Immigrant ship information, including ships sailing from the ports of
      Bremen and Hamburg. Also included is doing research on records from Castle
      Garden and Ellis Island.
      2. Tips on getting translations into English. Includes guides on doing
      translations from both Russian and Polish documents.
      3. Some general information on Ukraine plus tips on doing research there.
      4. Sefer Ha-prenumerantn. This is in Hebrew and Yiddish. It was the
      custom among Jewish writers of the past few hundred years to obtain
      assistance in publishing their work by soliciting advance funds from
      potential customers. I have identified the books for which advanced funds
      came from residents of Podhajce, but I have not tried to translate the
      names of the people who made the contributions.
      5. A list of voters for Parliament from Podhajce from the year 1870. (Very
      difficult to read script.)

      Jean Rosenbaum
      mervinr@...
    • STEPHEN BAUMRIND
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 29, 2012
        Jean,
        I am looking for 2 ancestors (Mordicai Baumrind, and Rabbi Moshe Baruch Besin). If their names, or the names of any other Baumrinds are on the 1870 list of voters, I would like to have it. If not, I wouldn't want to deprive someone else of having the list. It sounds like a very important piece of history that you have discovered!
        Thank you,
        Stephen Baumrind

[...]

        mailto:mervinr%40hal-pc.org

      • Elissa Sampson
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 29, 2012
          Jean,

          If it helps you, I can take Sefer Ha-prenumerantn.

          Also, is the list of voters in Yiddish or German script?
          -Elissa