Re: [podhajce] Test Message

  • jerome schatten
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 30, 2012
      Hi Randall... yes, I interpret the Yahoo message as pertaining to their
      Chat-room function and their Lab function -- most likely two pieces of
      'fluff' that didn't get any use, and so they are closing them, leaving
      all the other functions (group mail, photos, etc., in place).
      Best,
      jerome

      On Sat, 2012-06-30 at 15:12 -0700, Randall Babtkis wrote:

      > Got it Jerome, thanks.
      >

      > I too received messages from Yahoo yesterday and today about groups of
      > student alums I've kept for the graduate program I teach in. Am a
      > little confused about what it means. After July 4th, do you expect to
      > be able to continue using Yahoo groups for messaging like this?
      >

      > Last summer at about this time I was in Podhajce, for half-a-day with
      > Alex Dunai. I'm using the material for a book.
      >

      > Warm best,
      >

      > Randall Babtkis
      > tsilent@...
      > On Jun 30, 2012, at 2:20 PM, romers wrote:
      >

      > > This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
      > > Best,
      > > Jerome - the list owner

    • jerome schatten
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 30, 2012
        Good to hear from Harry Wolf :-)
        Best,
        jerome

        On Sat, 2012-06-30 at 16:19 -0700, Harry Wolf wrote:

        > HI: I am still alive--and I am glad that the group is, also. Harry
        > Wolf

      • Cynthia L. Singer
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 30, 2012

           Got it Jerome. Thanks.
          Cindy Singer

          On Jun 30, 2012, at 5:20 PM, "romers" <romers@...> wrote:

          This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
          Best,
          Jerome - the list owner

        • STEPHEN BAUMRIND
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 30, 2012
            Still "eavesdropping".
            SJB

              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 30, 2012
                Alive as well, - Elissa Kellner Sampson

                This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
                Best,
                Jerome - the list owner

              • Francine Shapiro
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
                  Am going to the Genealogy Congress in Paris is a few days.

                  This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
                  Best,
                  Jerome - the list owner

                • jay sherman
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012

                    Hello Everyone wanted to see if anyone is related to Berg from Podhajce I know my great grandfather still had family there, after his father remarried. Is anyone on 23ANDME? My grandmother Elias Berg's daughter met her first cousin they both in their 80's they have never met before till recent because of 23ANDME. I know most of the records were destroyed and I was wondering if anyone had any information.

                    Thanks
                    Jay S. Sherman

                    Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

                    On Sat, 2012-06-30 at 16:19 -0700, Harry Wolf wrote:

                    > HI: I am still alive--and I am glad that the group is, also. Harry
                    > Wolf

                  • Binnie Yeates
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
                      Thank goodness. And, to whoever mailed to say they were planning to go there next year, please, please, count me in. I've been wanting to go for ages, but am not adventurous enough to do it all by myself.

                      Binnie.

                    • blanche1422@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
                        Im still here.
                        Blanche Fruhing

                        In a message dated 7/1/2012 9:36:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ejswoo@... writes:

                        Alive as well, - Elissa Kellner Sampson

                        This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
                        Best,
                        Jerome - the list owner

                      • Bíró Eszter
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
                          Dear Jerome!

                          I am glad that the group could continue.  Of course I am very interested in your new informations and I am happy to share mine as well.

                          Best wishes

                          Eszter
                          This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
                          Best,
                          Jerome - the list owner

                        • david ockene
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
                            I'm still interested.

                            David

                            > To: podhajce@yahoogroups.com
                            > From: romers@...
                            > Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 21:20:42 +0000
                            > Subject: [podhajce] Test Message
                            >
                            > This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
                            > Best,
                            > Jerome - the list owner

                            > <*> Your email settings:
                            > Individual Email | Traditional
                            >
                            > <*> To change settings online go to:
                            > (Yahoo! ID required)
                            >
                            > <*> To change settings via email:
                            > podhajce-digest@yahoogroups.com
                            > podhajce-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                          • Cynthia L. Singer
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 12, 2012
                              Hi all,
                              I think this is a new topic, though related to LES and Jean's YMBA discussion. I have the names of the two Podhajce cemetery association locations.

                              Podhatzer Y.M.B.A. located in Mt. Hebron in Flushing, N.Y.
                              Podhajcer (Podhayce ?) Young Men's Benevolent Association. Loacted in Mt. Zion , Maspeth, N.Y.

                              Warmest regards,
                              Cindy Singer

                              On Jul 1, 2012, at 10:01 AM, david ockene <dockene@...> wrote:

                              I'm still interested.

                              David

                              > To: podhajce@yahoogroups.com
                              > From: romers@...
                              > Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 21:20:42 +0000
                              > Subject: [podhajce] Test Message
                              >
                              > This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
                              > Best,
                              > Jerome - the list owner

                              > <*> Your email settings:
                              > Individual Email | Traditional
                              >
                              > <*> To change settings online go to:
                              > (Yahoo! ID required)
                              >
                              > <*> To change settings via email:
                              > podhajce-digest@yahoogroups.com
                              > podhajce-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                              &g t; <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 19, 2012
                                Someone said they were planning to go to Podhajce next year, but I've lost the mail. Will they be posting details nearer the time, and how do I get involved?

                                Binnie Yeates