Re: Test Message

  • Don
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 30, 2012
      Keep it alive.Plan to go there next Yeats.Don
      --- In podhajce@yahoogroups.com, "romers" <romers@...> wrote:

      > This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
      > Best,
      > Jerome - the list owner

    • jerome schatten
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 30, 2012
        Hi Randall... yes, I interpret the Yahoo message as pertaining to their
        Chat-room function and their Lab function -- most likely two pieces of
        'fluff' that didn't get any use, and so they are closing them, leaving
        all the other functions (group mail, photos, etc., in place).
        Best,
        jerome

        On Sat, 2012-06-30 at 15:12 -0700, Randall Babtkis wrote:

        > Got it Jerome, thanks.
        >

        > I too received messages from Yahoo yesterday and today about groups of
        > student alums I've kept for the graduate program I teach in. Am a
        > little confused about what it means. After July 4th, do you expect to
        > be able to continue using Yahoo groups for messaging like this?
        >

        > Last summer at about this time I was in Podhajce, for half-a-day with
        > Alex Dunai. I'm using the material for a book.
        >

        > Warm best,
        >

        > Randall Babtkis
        > tsilent@...
        > On Jun 30, 2012, at 2:20 PM, romers wrote:
        >

        > > This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
        > > Best,
        > > Jerome - the list owner

      • jerome schatten
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 30, 2012
          Good to hear from Harry Wolf :-)
          Best,
          jerome

          On Sat, 2012-06-30 at 16:19 -0700, Harry Wolf wrote:

          > HI: I am still alive--and I am glad that the group is, also. Harry
          > Wolf

        • Cynthia L. Singer
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 30, 2012

             Got it Jerome. Thanks.
            Cindy Singer

            On Jun 30, 2012, at 5:20 PM, "romers" <romers@...> wrote:

            This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
            Best,
            Jerome - the list owner

          • STEPHEN BAUMRIND
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 30, 2012
              Still "eavesdropping".
              SJB

                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 30, 2012
                  Alive as well, - Elissa Kellner Sampson

                  This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
                  Best,
                  Jerome - the list owner

                • Francine Shapiro
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 1 12:54 AM
                    Am going to the Genealogy Congress in Paris is a few days.

                    This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
                    Best,
                    Jerome - the list owner

                  • jay sherman
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 1 12:58 AM

                      Hello Everyone wanted to see if anyone is related to Berg from Podhajce I know my great grandfather still had family there, after his father remarried. Is anyone on 23ANDME? My grandmother Elias Berg's daughter met her first cousin they both in their 80's they have never met before till recent because of 23ANDME. I know most of the records were destroyed and I was wondering if anyone had any information.

                      Thanks
                      Jay S. Sherman

                      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

                      On Sat, 2012-06-30 at 16:19 -0700, Harry Wolf wrote:

                      > HI: I am still alive--and I am glad that the group is, also. Harry
                      > Wolf

                    • Binnie Yeates
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 1 3:41 AM
                        Thank goodness. And, to whoever mailed to say they were planning to go there next year, please, please, count me in. I've been wanting to go for ages, but am not adventurous enough to do it all by myself.

                        Binnie.

                      • blanche1422@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 1 6:42 AM
                          Im still here.
                          Blanche Fruhing

                          In a message dated 7/1/2012 9:36:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ejswoo@... writes:

                          Alive as well, - Elissa Kellner Sampson

                          This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
                          Best,
                          Jerome - the list owner

                        • Bíró Eszter
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 1 6:58 AM
                            Dear Jerome!

                            I am glad that the group could continue.  Of course I am very interested in your new informations and I am happy to share mine as well.

                            Best wishes

                            Eszter
                            This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
                            Best,
                            Jerome - the list owner

                          • david ockene
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 1 7:01 AM
                              I'm still interested.

                              David

                              > To: podhajce@yahoogroups.com
                              > From: romers@...
                              > Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 21:20:42 +0000
                              > Subject: [podhajce] Test Message
                              >
                              > This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
                              > Best,
                              > Jerome - the list owner

                              > <*> Your email settings:
                              > Individual Email | Traditional
                              >
                              > <*> To change settings online go to:
                              > (Yahoo! ID required)
                              >
                              > <*> To change settings via email:
                              > podhajce-digest@yahoogroups.com
                              > podhajce-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            • Cynthia L. Singer
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 12 4:41 PM
                                Hi all,
                                I think this is a new topic, though related to LES and Jean's YMBA discussion. I have the names of the two Podhajce cemetery association locations.

                                Podhatzer Y.M.B.A. located in Mt. Hebron in Flushing, N.Y.
                                Podhajcer (Podhayce ?) Young Men's Benevolent Association. Loacted in Mt. Zion , Maspeth, N.Y.

                                Warmest regards,
                                Cindy Singer

                                On Jul 1, 2012, at 10:01 AM, david ockene <dockene@...> wrote:

                                I'm still interested.

                                David

                                > To: podhajce@yahoogroups.com
                                > From: romers@...
                                > Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 21:20:42 +0000
                                > Subject: [podhajce] Test Message
                                >
                                > This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
                                > Best,
                                > Jerome - the list owner

                                > <*> Your email settings:
                                > Individual Email | Traditional
                                >
                                > <*> To change settings online go to:
                                > (Yahoo! ID required)
                                >
                                > <*> To change settings via email:
                                > podhajce-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                > podhajce-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                &g t; <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 19 2:08 PM
                                  Someone said they were planning to go to Podhajce next year, but I've lost the mail. Will they be posting details nearer the time, and how do I get involved?

                                  Binnie Yeates