Re: Test Message

  • Don
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 30 3:08 PM
      Keep it alive.Plan to go there next Yeats.Don
      --- In podhajce@yahoogroups.com, "romers" <romers@...> wrote:

      > This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
      > Best,
      > Jerome - the list owner

    • Randall Babtkis
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 30 3:12 PM
        Got it Jerome, thanks.

        I too received messages from Yahoo yesterday and today about groups of student alums I've kept for the graduate program I teach in. Am a little confused about what it means. After July 4th, do you expect to be able to continue using Yahoo groups for messaging like this?

        Last summer at about this time I was in Podhajce, for half-a-day with Alex Dunai. I'm using the material for a book.

        Warm best,

        Randall Babtkis
        On Jun 30, 2012, at 2:20 PM, romers wrote:

        This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
        Best,
        Jerome - the list owner

      • jerome schatten
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 30 4:56 PM
          Hi Randall... yes, I interpret the Yahoo message as pertaining to their
          Chat-room function and their Lab function -- most likely two pieces of
          'fluff' that didn't get any use, and so they are closing them, leaving
          all the other functions (group mail, photos, etc., in place).
          Best,
          jerome

          On Sat, 2012-06-30 at 15:12 -0700, Randall Babtkis wrote:

          > Got it Jerome, thanks.
          >

          > I too received messages from Yahoo yesterday and today about groups of
          > student alums I've kept for the graduate program I teach in. Am a
          > little confused about what it means. After July 4th, do you expect to
          > be able to continue using Yahoo groups for messaging like this?
          >

          > Last summer at about this time I was in Podhajce, for half-a-day with
          > Alex Dunai. I'm using the material for a book.
          >

          > Warm best,
          >

          > Randall Babtkis
          > tsilent@...
          > On Jun 30, 2012, at 2:20 PM, romers wrote:
          >

          > > This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
          > > Best,
          > > Jerome - the list owner

        • jerome schatten
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 30 4:57 PM
            Good to hear from Harry Wolf :-)
            Best,
            jerome

            On Sat, 2012-06-30 at 16:19 -0700, Harry Wolf wrote:

            > HI: I am still alive--and I am glad that the group is, also. Harry
            > Wolf

          • Cynthia L. Singer
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 30 5:07 PM

               Got it Jerome. Thanks.
              Cindy Singer

              On Jun 30, 2012, at 5:20 PM, "romers" <romers@...> wrote:

              This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
              Best,
              Jerome - the list owner

            • STEPHEN BAUMRIND
              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 30 7:18 PM
                Still "eavesdropping".
                SJB

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 30 10:01 PM
                    Alive as well, - Elissa Kellner Sampson

                    This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
                    Best,
                    Jerome - the list owner

                  • Francine Shapiro
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
                      Am going to the Genealogy Congress in Paris is a few days.

                      This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
                      Best,
                      Jerome - the list owner

                    • jay sherman
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012

                        Hello Everyone wanted to see if anyone is related to Berg from Podhajce I know my great grandfather still had family there, after his father remarried. Is anyone on 23ANDME? My grandmother Elias Berg's daughter met her first cousin they both in their 80's they have never met before till recent because of 23ANDME. I know most of the records were destroyed and I was wondering if anyone had any information.

                        Thanks
                        Jay S. Sherman

                        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

                        On Sat, 2012-06-30 at 16:19 -0700, Harry Wolf wrote:

                        > HI: I am still alive--and I am glad that the group is, also. Harry
                        > Wolf

                      • Binnie Yeates
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
                          Thank goodness. And, to whoever mailed to say they were planning to go there next year, please, please, count me in. I've been wanting to go for ages, but am not adventurous enough to do it all by myself.

                          Binnie.

                        • blanche1422@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
                            Im still here.
                            Blanche Fruhing

                            In a message dated 7/1/2012 9:36:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ejswoo@... writes:

                            Alive as well, - Elissa Kellner Sampson

                            This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
                            Best,
                            Jerome - the list owner

                          • Bíró Eszter
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
                              Dear Jerome!

                              I am glad that the group could continue.  Of course I am very interested in your new informations and I am happy to share mine as well.

                              Best wishes

                              Eszter
                              This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
                              Best,
                              Jerome - the list owner

                            • david ockene
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
                                I'm still interested.

                                David

                                > To: podhajce@yahoogroups.com
                                > From: romers@...
                                > Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 21:20:42 +0000
                                > Subject: [podhajce] Test Message
                                >
                                > This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
                                > Best,
                                > Jerome - the list owner

                                > <*> Your email settings:
                                > Individual Email | Traditional
                                >
                                > <*> To change settings online go to:
                                > (Yahoo! ID required)
                                >
                                > <*> To change settings via email:
                                > podhajce-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                > podhajce-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                              • Cynthia L. Singer
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 12, 2012
                                  Hi all,
                                  I think this is a new topic, though related to LES and Jean's YMBA discussion. I have the names of the two Podhajce cemetery association locations.

                                  Podhatzer Y.M.B.A. located in Mt. Hebron in Flushing, N.Y.
                                  Podhajcer (Podhayce ?) Young Men's Benevolent Association. Loacted in Mt. Zion , Maspeth, N.Y.

                                  Warmest regards,
                                  Cindy Singer

                                  On Jul 1, 2012, at 10:01 AM, david ockene <dockene@...> wrote:

                                  I'm still interested.

                                  David

                                  > To: podhajce@yahoogroups.com
                                  > From: romers@...
                                  > Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 21:20:42 +0000
                                  > Subject: [podhajce] Test Message
                                  >
                                  > This is a test message to keep the Podhajce Group alive.
                                  > Best,
                                  > Jerome - the list owner

                                  > <*> Your email settings:
                                  > Individual Email | Traditional
                                  >
                                  > <*> To change settings online go to:
                                  > (Yahoo! ID required)
                                  >
                                  > <*> To change settings via email:
                                  > podhajce-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                  > podhajce-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                  &g t; <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jul 19, 2012
                                    Someone said they were planning to go to Podhajce next year, but I've lost the mail. Will they be posting details nearer the time, and how do I get involved?

                                    Binnie Yeates