Re: [podhajce] Re: Follow-up on Message in Polish

  • Jay
    Message 1 of 8 , May 14 9:49 PM
      Podhajce Austria arrived in 1907 my mistake

      Sent from my iPod
    • JK
      Message 2 of 8 , May 15 9:40 AM
        hi all,

        its good to remember that even though eastern galicia was ethnically polish ukrainian and jewish, it was part of the austro-hungarian empire until 1918 so many emigrants put austria on their passport.

        it passed to poland after ww1, then it became part of the Ukrainian SSR after ww2 and is now in ukraine.

        hope that helps!

        jeff