Re: [podhajce] interesting video on Polish television

  • Jean Rosenbaum
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 23, 2011
      Go to www.shtetlinks.jewishgen.org/Podhajce   There you can see lots of pictures from Podhajce.

      Jean Rosenbaum
      Houston, TX

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2011 2:28 PM
      Subject: Re: [podhajce] interesting video on Polish television

      Dear Jeff, and dear Podhajce group members,

      I live at Budapest, Hungary. Today I have seen the documentary recorded in Podhajce. I found it very interesting but unfortunately I don't understand Polish. Is that possible that on one of the pictures you can see the ruins of the synagogue?

      My grandmother , Amalia Bieder was born near Podhajce in a small village called Uwsie( in Ukranien Vivsye). She was born in1888, and she left as a small child for Vienna, and later she married a Hungarian jew, my grandfather, and moved to Budapest. She could never return, and practically all her relatives were unknown to us.

      A few years ago we visited Lvov. Unfortunately we didn't have enough time to visit the small places, including Podhajce, and Vivsye where my relatives lived before the war. Not driving we were also dependent on public transportation.

      I hope that some day I will be able to visit these places.

      Of course I would like to trace my lost relatives. I have in my possession some old family documents. According to them, my great grandmother was called Apfelbaum Lyba and my great grandfather Bieder Samuel.

      I would appreciate any help I could get in my search.

      Best regards

      Eszter Biro