73Re: Trip to Podhajce

  • davidiperl
    Jan 3, 2011
      Hello cousin Herb! I've already had one person respond to your post.

      I just joined as well, though my brother-in-law has been in this group for some time. As Herb mentioned, I've spent quite a bit of time on what has become a fairly large Geni tree. If anyone else is using Geni and would like to collaborate (or are connected!) let me know.

      David

      --- In podhajce@yahoogroups.com, goodmanherb@... wrote:

      > I am new as of this minute to this group....
      >
      > Grandfather was from Podhajce. I am thinking of traveling there this summer...perhaps from Budapest. Any tips greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Family name was Pearl or Perl.
      >
      > Most left late 1890's to either Galveston TX or NYC. Some left earlier to Safed Israel, where they became a prominent family....recently one of the descendants was the mayor of Safed.
      >
      > I have a cousin in Austin TX who is doing a major GENI.com family tree on Perl family...so if anybody out there is interested in or has a Pearl / Perl connection...he would love to know. His email is david.perl@...
      >
      > Trip advice to Podhajce greatly appreciated. Please contact me at
      > herb.goodman@... Thanks!
      >
      > Herb Goodman

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic