      From: Houtex97 <amf97@...>
      Subject: [podhajce] Re: Names I am searching and JRI
      To: podhajce@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, September 19, 2010, 10:17 PM

      --- In podhajce@yahoogroups.com, "hakenshanghai" <hakenshanghai@...>
      wrote:

      > Dear Folks,
      > Just spent a few minutes on the JRI website. If you put in only a
      town--Podhajce without a surname there will be many entries from other
      towns. 300 plus hits in just Tarnopol woj. alone. This is a way to find
      misspelled names and there are many or relatives who moved. My interest
      in Podhajce is with Jutta Hacken who married Yechil David Loew. They
      were living in Podhajce when their two children were born. The listing I
      found in an LDS microfilm awhile back. The interesting thing was that
      Jutta's midwife was Shaindel Leah Hacken from Vishnevchik a small town a
      few miles away and her mother.
      > The other names from the area are Kornweitz, Leibling, Brechar,
      Wechsler,Suhl,Halpern, Weissman, Kallman and Buchwald.
      > I am always glad to answer questions.
      > Georgia Haken

      My father's parents were Zalman and Freida Farb.

      Can you tell me anything about my family?

      thanks

      Aubrey M. Farb

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic