Re: record high-quality direct to ipod

  • Louis Hill
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
      I saw this article a couple of days ago and after my experiences with
      the iTalk from Griffin and the 8khz limitations I went ahead and gave
      this a shot.

      A technical note, I am running this from my 3g 40 gig iPod and I
      installed iPodLinux from my powerbook running Mac OS X.

      I've tested this a couple of times and I still have to work with it (I
      was poppin' my "p's" which sounded awful on one of the test runs) but
      I was overall impressed with the quality in comparison with iTalk. If
      anyone would like me to post up side by side comparisons let me know
      and I will.

      -Obi

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "plunderfish" <plunderfish@b...> wrote:

      > I'm pretty close to installing this. The only unfortunate thing is
      that even with everything
      > installed and a stereo mic connected, the iPod hardware can't record
      in stereo.

      > Steve - Revolution in the Corner
      > http://revolutioninthecorner.com/
      >
      > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "S. William Schulz"
      <swschulz@a...> wrote:
      > > plunderfish wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Anyone brave enough to try this?
      > > >
      > > > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Baron"

      > > Adam Curry has installed it on his iPod, but I've not yet heard any
      > > recordings done on the iPod directly.
    • Harold Johnson
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
        It's so much easier using an iRiver. Just click one button to turn it
        on - it boots very quickly, just a few seconds - and click another
        button to begin recording at 44khz. You can even pause at any time
        during the recording and pick up again later where you left off.

        Harold J. Johnson
        http://SomethingthatHappened.com

        On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 12:41:38 -0000, Louis Hill <louis_hill@...> wrote:

        > I saw this article a couple of days ago and after my experiences with
        > the iTalk from Griffin and the 8khz limitations I went ahead and gave
        > this a shot.
        >
        > A technical note, I am running this from my 3g 40 gig iPod and I
        > installed iPodLinux from my powerbook running Mac OS X.
        >
        > I've tested this a couple of times and I still have to work with it (I
        > was poppin' my "p's" which sounded awful on one of the test runs) but
        > I was overall impressed with the quality in comparison with iTalk. If
        > anyone would like me to post up side by side comparisons let me know
        > and I will.
        >
        > -Obi
        >
        > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "plunderfish" <plunderfish@b...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I'm pretty close to installing this. The only unfortunate thing is
        > that even with everything
        > > installed and a stereo mic connected, the iPod hardware can't record
        > in stereo.
        > >
        > > Steve - Revolution in the Corner
        > > http://revolutioninthecorner.com/
        > >
        > > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "S. William Schulz"
        > <swschulz@a...> wrote:

        > > > Adam Curry has installed it on his iPod, but I've not yet heard any
        > > > recordings done on the iPod directly.

      • Craig Patchett
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 7, 2005
          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Louis Hill" <louis_hill@m...>
          wrote:

          > If anyone would like me to post up side by side comparisons let me
          > know and I will.

          I'd like to hear them. I'm about to (finally) start doing my "Behind
          the Scenes" podcast on a regular basis after not doing anything since
          my iTalk review 6 weeks ago and I'd love to include a comparison in
          the show. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your
          persepective), I have have an iPod Photo at the moment, so I can't
          test it out on mine.

          Craig

          Craig Patchett
          The GodCast Network