Re: Hardware/Software - ID3 tag editor

  • Charlie Quidnunc
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2004
      Someone asked what software/hardware we are using. I'm doing what lots
      of others are, CoolEdit (now Adobe Audition), and a microphone into my
      laptop. I use Csound to create the background music. I used to use
      Winamp to edit ID3 tags, which was error prone.

      A program I just discovered has the nicest interface to edit ID3 tags.
      Check out: ID3-TagIT, available at http://www.id3-tagit.de/

      It lets you edit one ID3 tag, then right mouse click copy the ID3 tag
      and right mouse click paste it into all your subsequent podcasts. Three
      clicks and I'm done. I hated having to do this by hand using WinAmp for
      every one of my daily MP3 files, with typos, and missed fields. Now it
      is nearly automatic. Nice software, except it's for windows only. Has
      anyone found any other software that quickly enters the title, artist,
      album, date, genre (Podcast?), and licensed under creative commons?

      I use Firefox with the FireFTP extension to upload. Blogger for weblog,
      feedburner for conversion of Atom to RSS, and Ping-o-matic to notify
      everyone.
      --

      Charlie Quidnunc

      The Rip & Read Blogger Podcast

      Podcast: http://ripnread.blogspot.com
      RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ripnread
    • Tim Bourquin
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 31, 2004
        Michael recently posted a podcast about podcasts. Including Doug
        Kaye's page, it ranks up there with one of the best how-to's I've seen.

        Includes photos and screen shots of his software. Good stuff:

        http://mwgblog.com/archives/2004/12/27/podcast-about-the-podcast/

        Tim Bourquin
        www.PodcastBrothers.com
      • Charles Sprickman
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 31, 2004
          On Fri, 31 Dec 2004, Charlie Quidnunc wrote:

          > Nice software, except it's for windows only. Has anyone found any other
          > software that quickly enters the title, artist, album, date, genre
          > (Podcast?), and licensed under creative commons?

          If no one has anything, let me know. I assume we're talking mac or *nix
          here, right? There are some nifty command line tools for working with id3
          files. I could package some stuff up that would make this easy. With
          some prodding I could probably make an AppleScript frontend for it. :)

          Charles

          > Charlie Quidnunc
          >
          > The Rip & Read Blogger Podcast
          >
          > Podcast: http://ripnread.blogspot.com