Crackin itunes cache area!

  • Robbie Trencheny
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2005
      If you export your subscriptions in itunes you will notice some podcasts
      like Dawn And Drew Show! are cached at a link of this type:

      http://a1.phobos.apple.com/Podcasts/y2005/m07/d26/h19/jsnnksqy.mp3
      B A S E U R L /Directory/year/month/day/hoursubmitted/random string of
      letters!

      Try doing it in iTunes. Click on you iTunes podcasts then press file export
      to TXT! (very important xml dosent have these link) Open the .txt file which
      should be named Podcasts and search for apple. You will find a few.

      --
      Robbie Trencheny
      Podcaster

    • robbiet4801
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1 7:05 AM
        Sorry the h19 look like a folder for all podcasts. Also I have found
        that you can now get stats for itunes by using feedburner!

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Robbie Trencheny
        <robbie.trencheny@g...> wrote:
        > If you export your subscriptions in itunes you will notice some
        podcasts
        > like Dawn And Drew Show! are cached at a link of this type:
        >
        > http://a1.phobos.apple.com/Podcasts/y2005/m07/d26/h19/jsnnksqy.mp3
        > B A S E U R L /Directory/year/month/day/hoursubmitted/random string of
        > letters!
        >
        > Try doing it in iTunes. Click on you iTunes podcasts then press file
        export
        > to TXT! (very important xml dosent have these link) Open the .txt
        file which
        > should be named Podcasts and search for apple. You will find a few.
        >
        > --
        > Robbie Trencheny
        > Podcaster
        > http://www.geektalklive.com
        > http://www.robbiet.net
        > Skype: Robbiet480
        > Email: Robbiet480@a...
        > Email: Robbie.Trencheny@g...
        > AIM: Robbiet480
        > MSN: robbiet4801@m...
        > Yahoo: robbiet4801

      • Patrick Melton
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1 7:47 AM
          You can’t get stats for things iTunes is caching by Feedburner. Try again.

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1 8:21 AM
            On 8/1/05, robbiet4801 <robbie.trencheny@...> wrote:
            > Sorry the h19 look like a folder for all podcasts. Also I have found
            > that you can now get stats for itunes by using feedburner!

            If by "stats for iTunes" you mean the number of iTunes users checking
            your RSS feed -- well, yes. That's not news. Feedburner's been
            reporting hits from iTunes since well before it launched. They report
            on *every* agent. The only thing that's changed recently is that
            they've consolidated Mac and Windows iTunes users into one line item.

            ESCAPE POD - the SF podcast magazine
            http://escape.extraneous.org