Boston Phoenix article by Dan Kennedy

  • Steve Garfield
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2004
      Feed your head
      Podcasting is DIY radio for programmers and listeners alike. Will it
      save us from corporate radio? Or further isolate us inside our own
      miniature media worlds?
      BY DAN KENNEDY

      http://tinyurl.com/6lm2e

      "ADAM CURRY, the fortysomething former MTV VJ who’s reinvented himself
      as the godfather of podcasting — that is, downloadable audio
      programming for MP3 players — is shooting the breeze with writer
      Annalee Newitz, who’s flown to Curry’s home outside London to interview
      him for Wired magazine. It’s mid December, and Curry is recording the
      latest edition of his podcast, The Daily Source Code, at a local
      Starbucks, the only place he can get a broadband connection. He and
      Newitz opened the show by shooting the breeze. Now he’s showing her a
      computerized map of Berlin — not exactly great audio. "You see how easy
      it is to fill up 10 minutes of MP3 space?" he says. "We just did 10
      minutes. It’s easy. It’s easy. And people eat this shit up.""

      Web Site:
      http://stevegarfield.com
    • Harold Johnson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2005
        Well, it's nice to know he loves his audience...