Re: iTunes feed hijack?

  • adambvarga
    Message 1 of 54 , Jul 1, 2005
      Yep. If I go to the advanced menu and subscribe manually, that feed
      appears properly. Subscribing throught the iTMS directory shows the
      apple hijacked feed in my podcast folder...

      Since I last posted, my feed updated... with two more episodes (but
      still not the latest). However, these episodes don't download... but
      instead show a very interesting error message...

      "The was a problem downloading 'Dailysonic57...' The URL
      'http://a1.phobos.apple.com/Music/y2005/m06/d30/h18/hozrxuhf.mp3'
      could not be found on the server."

      Interesting, no? So it looks like iTMS is cacheing our mp3s.

      -Adam

      http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/podcastsRSS?id=73330437

      > > And that address is all screwy, its not listing our latest shows, and
      > > it doesn't look to me like a proper RSS feed. I really would like
      > > apple to list our feed normally, instead of hijacking it... at least
      > > until they can work out their podcast issues.
      > >

      > > As a side, having been at the developer end of things before, I
      > > understand that sometimes the unexpected can make a "launch" flop. I'm
      > > not angry at all. I think Apple made a brave move embracing
      > > podcasting, and they just hit a snag. I'm going to continue to be
      > > patient and give them their dev team benefit of the doubt...
      > >
      > > I just wish they could list our feed normally in the meantime.
      > >
      > > -Adam
    • Geoff Taylor
      Message 54 of 54 , Jul 5, 2005
        Cory's gone AFK for a couple of weeks - I think I read in one of his posts
        that he's in Michigan teaching until mid-July and won't be answering emails.

        Geoff

        --
        http://www.allpodcasts.com/
        All Podcasts, indexed and searchable.