Re: iTunes feed hijack?

  • this_week_in_science
    Message 1 of 54 , Jul 1, 2005
      Yep - the Show Description for the Podfinder listing in
      my "Podcasts" subscription folder in iTunes lists a
      http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net... URL.

      Cheers,
      Marshall Clark
      Technical Director
      This Week in Science - The Kickass Weekly Science Radio Show
      http://www.twis.org
      http://www.twis.org/audio/podcast.rss

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "adambvarga" <adam@d...> wrote:
      > Try the following:
      >
      > Subscribe to a show in iTunes, then, in the subscription area (not
      the
      > music store directory) right click on the show name and
      select "Show
      > Description." It will list the address of your feed.
      >
      > Some shows display the locations of their actual RSS feeds, while
      > other feeds are hijacked by iTMS.
      >
      > Dailysonic should appear as
      >
      > http://www.dailysonic.com/auto.php
      >
      > but instead we are listed as

      http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/po
      dcastsRSS?id=73330437

      > And that address is all screwy, its not listing our latest shows,
      and
      > it doesn't look to me like a proper RSS feed. I really would like
      > apple to list our feed normally, instead of hijacking it... at
      least
      > until they can work out their podcast issues.
      >

      > As a side, having been at the developer end of things before, I
      > understand that sometimes the unexpected can make a "launch" flop.
      I'm
      > not angry at all. I think Apple made a brave move embracing
      > podcasting, and they just hit a snag. I'm going to continue to be
      > patient and give them their dev team benefit of the doubt...
      >
      > I just wish they could list our feed normally in the meantime.
      >
      > -Adam
    • Geoff Taylor
      Message 54 of 54 , Jul 5, 2005
        Cory's gone AFK for a couple of weeks - I think I read in one of his posts
        that he's in Michigan teaching until mid-July and won't be answering emails.

        Geoff

        --
        http://www.allpodcasts.com/
        All Podcasts, indexed and searchable.