Re: [podcasters] Re: iTunes truncating show notes

  • lancer
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
      > I looked at the RSS feeds at your Winecast.net site, Tim. There is a
      > _lot_ of HTML within the and tags for
      > your MP3 feed -- whereas your WMA and AAC feeds seem to have HTML
      > stripped (but don't appear to be iTunes tweaked). With image tags,
      > ASCII codes for symbols, and other stuff in there, I can see how some
      > aggregators -- not just iTunes/iPod -- might choke on it.

      Its not just iTunes. IE cannot even parse this.

      Lance
      Primetime Podcast Receiver
      http://www.primetimepodcast.com

    • Tim Elliott
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, lancer <lancer@p...> wrote:
        > Its not just iTunes. IE cannot even parse this.

        That's what I get for still running WordPress 1.2.x; a CMS upgrade
        will be scheduled for the weekend... Firefox parses it fine, but it
        does not validate. Looks like it's back to the old feed until I'm on
        WP 1.5; it's good to be a podcaster this week :-)
        --
        Tim Elliott
        Winecast
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
          Be sure to validate that one, too. There was a bug in the early wp
          1.5release, but I think it was fixed.

          On 7/1/05, Tim Elliott <twelliott@...> wrote:

          > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, lancer <lancer@p...> wrote:
          > > Its not just iTunes. IE cannot even parse this.
          >

          > That's what I get for still running WordPress 1.2.x; a CMS upgrade
          > will be scheduled for the weekend... Firefox parses it fine, but it
          > does not validate. Looks like it's back to the old feed until I'm on
          > WP 1.5; it's good to be a podcaster this week :-)
          > --
          > Tim Elliott
          > Winecast

          Reed Porter