Re: iTunes truncating show notes

  • Tim Elliott
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Ozawa <ryanozawa@g...> wrote:

      > On 7/1/05, graydancing <graydancing@y...> wrote:
      > > I'd check the HTML first. I had some shows for a client showing
      > > weird descriptions until I took out the links she'd put in the
      > > descriptions--then they showed up fine.
      >
      > I looked at the RSS feeds at your Winecast.net site, Tim. There is a
      > _lot_ of HTML within the <description> and <content:encoded> tags for
      > your MP3 feed -- whereas your WMA and AAC feeds seem to have HTML
      > stripped (but don't appear to be iTunes tweaked). With image tags,
      > ASCII codes for symbols, and other stuff in there, I can see how some
      > aggregators -- not just iTunes/iPod -- might choke on it.

      Thanks for checking them out, Ryan. More tweaking to do over the
      weekend. Has someone already updated dircaster to add the itunes tags?
      --
      Tim Elliott
      Winecast
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
        > I looked at the RSS feeds at your Winecast.net site, Tim. There is a
        > _lot_ of HTML within the and tags for
        > your MP3 feed -- whereas your WMA and AAC feeds seem to have HTML
        > stripped (but don't appear to be iTunes tweaked). With image tags,
        > ASCII codes for symbols, and other stuff in there, I can see how some
        > aggregators -- not just iTunes/iPod -- might choke on it.

        Its not just iTunes. IE cannot even parse this.

        Lance
        Primetime Podcast Receiver
        http://www.primetimepodcast.com

      • Tim Elliott
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, lancer <lancer@p...> wrote:
          > Its not just iTunes. IE cannot even parse this.

          That's what I get for still running WordPress 1.2.x; a CMS upgrade
          will be scheduled for the weekend... Firefox parses it fine, but it
          does not validate. Looks like it's back to the old feed until I'm on
          WP 1.5; it's good to be a podcaster this week :-)
          --
          Tim Elliott
          Winecast
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
            Be sure to validate that one, too. There was a bug in the early wp
            1.5release, but I think it was fixed.

            On 7/1/05, Tim Elliott <twelliott@...> wrote:

            > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, lancer <lancer@p...> wrote:
            > > Its not just iTunes. IE cannot even parse this.
            >

            > That's what I get for still running WordPress 1.2.x; a CMS upgrade
            > will be scheduled for the weekend... Firefox parses it fine, but it
            > does not validate. Looks like it's back to the old feed until I'm on
            > WP 1.5; it's good to be a podcaster this week :-)
            > --
            > Tim Elliott
            > Winecast

            Reed Porter