Re: [podcasters] Re: iTunes truncating show notes

  • Ryan Ozawa
    • Tim Elliott
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Ozawa <ryanozawa@g...> wrote:

        > On 7/1/05, graydancing <graydancing@y...> wrote:
        > > I'd check the HTML first. I had some shows for a client showing
        > > weird descriptions until I took out the links she'd put in the
        > > descriptions--then they showed up fine.
        >
        > I looked at the RSS feeds at your Winecast.net site, Tim. There is a
        > _lot_ of HTML within the <description> and <content:encoded> tags for
        > your MP3 feed -- whereas your WMA and AAC feeds seem to have HTML
        > stripped (but don't appear to be iTunes tweaked). With image tags,
        > ASCII codes for symbols, and other stuff in there, I can see how some
        > aggregators -- not just iTunes/iPod -- might choke on it.

        Thanks for checking them out, Ryan. More tweaking to do over the
        weekend. Has someone already updated dircaster to add the itunes tags?
        --
        Tim Elliott
        Winecast
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
          > I looked at the RSS feeds at your Winecast.net site, Tim. There is a
          > _lot_ of HTML within the and tags for
          > your MP3 feed -- whereas your WMA and AAC feeds seem to have HTML
          > stripped (but don't appear to be iTunes tweaked). With image tags,
          > ASCII codes for symbols, and other stuff in there, I can see how some
          > aggregators -- not just iTunes/iPod -- might choke on it.

          Its not just iTunes. IE cannot even parse this.

          Lance
          Primetime Podcast Receiver
          http://www.primetimepodcast.com

        • Tim Elliott
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, lancer <lancer@p...> wrote:
            > Its not just iTunes. IE cannot even parse this.

            That's what I get for still running WordPress 1.2.x; a CMS upgrade
            will be scheduled for the weekend... Firefox parses it fine, but it
            does not validate. Looks like it's back to the old feed until I'm on
            WP 1.5; it's good to be a podcaster this week :-)
            --
            Tim Elliott
            Winecast
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
              Be sure to validate that one, too. There was a bug in the early wp
              1.5release, but I think it was fixed.

              On 7/1/05, Tim Elliott <twelliott@...> wrote:

              > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, lancer <lancer@p...> wrote:
              > > Its not just iTunes. IE cannot even parse this.
              >

              > That's what I get for still running WordPress 1.2.x; a CMS upgrade
              > will be scheduled for the weekend... Firefox parses it fine, but it
              > does not validate. Looks like it's back to the old feed until I'm on
              > WP 1.5; it's good to be a podcaster this week :-)
              > --
              > Tim Elliott
              > Winecast

              Reed Porter