iTunes feed hijack?

  • adambvarga
    Message 1 of 54 , Jul 1, 2005
      Try the following:

      Subscribe to a show in iTunes, then, in the subscription area (not the
      music store directory) right click on the show name and select "Show
      Description." It will list the address of your feed.

      Some shows display the locations of their actual RSS feeds, while
      other feeds are hijacked by iTMS.

      Dailysonic should appear as

      http://www.dailysonic.com/auto.php

      but instead we are listed as

      http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/podcastsRSS?id=73330437

      And that address is all screwy, its not listing our latest shows, and
      it doesn't look to me like a proper RSS feed. I really would like
      apple to list our feed normally, instead of hijacking it... at least
      until they can work out their podcast issues.

      As a side, having been at the developer end of things before, I
      understand that sometimes the unexpected can make a "launch" flop. I'm
      not angry at all. I think Apple made a brave move embracing
      podcasting, and they just hit a snag. I'm going to continue to be
      patient and give them their dev team benefit of the doubt...

      I just wish they could list our feed normally in the meantime.

      -Adam
    • Geoff Taylor
      Message 54 of 54 , Jul 5, 2005
        Cory's gone AFK for a couple of weeks - I think I read in one of his posts
        that he's in Michigan teaching until mid-July and won't be answering emails.

        Geoff

        --
        http://www.allpodcasts.com/
        All Podcasts, indexed and searchable.