Re: [podcasters] Re: Itunes and IRiver

  • Harold Johnson
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
      Erik,

      The only problem with that plan, however, is that Tim's iRiver iFP-890
      operates on regular AA (alkaline) batteries, the power of which gets
      eaten up fairly quickly if you keep it connected to your computer
      overnight. I have the same model and find myself making sure not to
      keep it plugged in for too long.

      I don't see this as a limitation of the iRiver iFP-890, though. The
      fact that it operates on AA batteries gives the device the potential
      to outlive the iPod as the years go by, as the iPod's internal battery
      fades away and eventually "gives up the ghost".

      Harold Johnson
      http://audioblogs.info

      On 6/30/05, Erik de Jonge <erik@...> wrote:
      > Hi Tim,
      >
      > Try changing the download directory to your iRiver drive (iPodder-
      > file-preferences-download podcasts to). If you start iPodder when the
      > iRiver is connected everything gets downloaded to the iRiver and in
      > the morning the iRiver is ready to go :)
      >
      > If you also set the auto-cleanup feature (right-click on a feed), you
      > can forget all about it.. (only available in v2.1)
      >
      > Erik
      > www.podnova.com
      > www.ipodder.nl
      >

      > On Jun 30, 2005, at 11:13 AM, timbearcub wrote:
      >
      > > www.redchairsoftware.com does alternatives to iPod, iRiver and other
      > > software - I've bought AnaPod for the PC and it works well, best so
      > > far of the non-iTunes clones. So maybe try the iRiver one?
      > >
      > > I also have a iFP890 and yes the Media Manager sucks donkey's
      > > balls...was thinking about getting the H320 or the H340 when I
      > > replaces the borrowed 1stG iPod - how is it on recording? And USB
      > > hub/photos?
      > >
      > > Tim
      > >
      > > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Dog-matic" <Dog-matic@b...> wrote:
      > > > Hey dudes,
      > > >
      > > > I have an IRiver H320 and I use Ipodder. I'd like to be able to
      > > synch my
      > > > player up to ANY software, rather than manually copying over the
      > > folders of
      > > > partial downloads, weeding through them, etc. But none of the apps,
      > > ie Real
      > > > Player, Win Amp, Creative Play Center, even the Iriver software, I
      > > Podder,
      > > > NONE of them will sync up to my H320.
      > > >
      > > > I'd use ITunes, but seems to only like Ipods. Is there anything out
      > > there
      > > > that will sync my Podcasts to the H320?
      > > >

      > > > Darren Littlejohn
      > > > Portland Jazz Jams
      > > > ...jazz for your community
      > > > http://www.portlandjazzjams.com/pjjpodshow.htm
      > > >
      > > > Check out our Podshow!
      > > >
      > > > -d
    • thebossa
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
        Well this was my question originally. I have the H320, not the IFP.
        There has to be some software that syncs to this. Realplayer has a
        driver download for it, but it never works.

        -d

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Harold Johnson

      • Harold Johnson
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
          Darren,

          Forget about the battery issue for now; try Erik's suggestion, which
          should work if the iRiver model you have is able to mount as a drive.
          My iRiver (the iFP-890) doesn't in OS X (not that I know of), so I
          don't think I'll be able to download directly to it. If anyone knows
          of a way to make flash-based iRivers like mine mount to OS X, I'd love
          to hear about it....

          Harold Johnson
          http://audioblogs.info

        • Russell S. Holliman
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
            Do a search for the beta (1.28 I think) firmware - I beleive I read
            somewhere that 1.28 allows the unit to connect as a drive...

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
              Thanks, Russell. I'll look into that. I haven't checked up on the
              latest iRiver developments in awhile. Hope all is well with you,

              Harold