Re: [podcasters] Re: More iTunes/Podcast observations

  • Les Posen
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 1, 2005
      On 01/07/2005, at 5:11 PM, Daniel Walters wrote:

      > I don't know how many of you are using the beta of CastBlaster (I'm
      > just
      > messing/playing with it myself). But I find it kinda funny that
      > almost all
      > of the info that iTunes asks for, CastBlaster provides for it's
      > meta-data...
      >
      > Maybe Adam's doing. Just throwing it out there for the community to
      > reflect

      Well, since Castblaster is firmly Windows, it may or nor be Adam's
      doing... certainly he amongst others has been pushing the ideas
      behind shownotes, metatags, links etc, which can become part of the
      ID3 mp3 tag or whatever.

      Now until Castblaster is ported to the Mac (if ever), I am going to
      guess that Garageband will be updated to conform more closely to what
      iTunes requires, or Apple will introduce some intermediary
      application, create an Automator script, and iTunes will do the rest.

      I am guessing too that not too far from now, Apple will bring it
      together for its adherents: Garageband, iTunes, .Mac account, iDisk
      server - the one-click option some of us have come to expect from
      Apple. The iLife suite exists - can we expect the iPodcast suite soon?

      Those using Windows will likely have to manually bring together a
      variety of apps from different sources, and develop a workflow from
      there. I haven't played with Castblaster so I'm not too sure how
      complete a solution it is on its own.

      I'm guessing that Apple will bring its own brand of elegance to the
      mix, once the early bugs are worked out from the whole iTunes 4.9
      introduction.

      Les

    • Reed Porter
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 1, 2005
        On 7/1/05, Les Posen <lesposen@...> wrote:

        > On 01/07/2005, at 5:11 PM, Daniel Walters wrote:
        >
        > I haven't played with Castblaster so I'm not too sure how
        > complete a solution it is on its own.

        I seems pretty complete. The Create pane has configurable sound fx,
        playlist, and does a gooed job of finding input sources. The Describe pane
        has all the MP3 metadata covered along with a place to put the shownotes and
        picture. The Publish windows allows you to save to disk and/or publish to
        your server. The Configure tab lets you choose inputs, set sampling rates
        and configure the FTP server.
        I don't know if it allows for files on one server and blog on another
        server, yet.
        Reed