RE: [podcasters] Re: submit to iTunes

  • George Cruickshank
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
      I'd rather it was growing at 1400%.

      Call me selfish.

      George
      www.ultimathule.info

      -----Original Message-----
      From: podcasters@yahoogroups.com [mailto:podcasters@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Douglas E. Welch
      Sent: Friday, 1 July 2005 3:00 PM
      To: podcasters@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [podcasters] Re: submit to iTunes

      > On the other hand I could just stuff Apple and forget iTunes. It's a
      > damned sight easier and our audience is growing at 700% a month
      without
      > them.

      Than why the complaint?

      Douglas

      --
      Three Ring Circus: How real couples balance marriage, work and family
      Buy your copy today! -- http://welchwrite.com/trc/

      _____

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      * Visit your group "podcasters
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters> " on the web.

      _____

    • Jake McKee
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
        Apparently... from your exceeded bandwidth message...

        Les Posen wrote:

        > On 01/07/2005, at 2:41 PM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:
        >
        > >> ...and if you're unfortunate enough to live in Australia, or any
        > >> of the
        > >> other countries not on Apple's rather short list you can't even
        > >> submit a
        > >> credit card - therefore no account and no ability to submit a cast.
        > >>

        > > I may have missed this...but can't someone else submit it for you?
        > >

        > As long as they have an account, yes.
        >
        > The process would be invisible to Apple. It would be as if the
        > account holder is acting as your agent or proxy. Probably a business
        > there for someone to soak up all that eager Aussie talent!
        >
        > Me, I bypassed the system restrictions and legitimately got me an
        > account when I visited the US earlier in the year just by following
        > Apple instructions and a cost of $20.
        >
        > Where there's a will...
        >
        > Les

      • Les Posen
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
          On 01/07/2005, at 3:01 PM, Jake McKee wrote:

          > Apparently... from your exceeded bandwidth message...

          Sorry, jake, that comment's gone right through to the 'keeper!

          Now George, you said:

          On the other hand I could just stuff Apple and forget iTunes. It's a
          damned sight easier and our audience is growing at 700% a month without
          them.

          George

          Which means you may have gone from 1 to 7 (your extended family ;-)
          or 100 to 700 or 1000 to 7000...

          So I agree with you - at that rate, stuff Apple, and give all the
          other podcasters a break and an opportunity to have their 15GB in the
          sun!

          Les
        • Chuck Tomasi
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
            I've also heard from the visually impaired that the iTunes sight is not
            friendly to the accessibility programs. For shame Apple. I did my good
            deed and submitted a podcast for another producer. Wouldn't it be
            ironic if his show got listed before mine. :-)

            --Chuck

            On Jun 30, 2005, at 11:41 PM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:

            > > ...and if you're unfortunate enough to live in Australia, or any of
            > the
            > > other countries not on Apple's rather short list you can't even
            > submit a
            > > credit card - therefore no account and no ability to submit a cast.
            >
            > I may have missed this...but can't someone else submit it for you?
          • Olivier
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 4, 2005
              Hop,

              Rev. Jeva Singh-Anand, M.A. a écrit :
              > You need to have an iTunes account to submit your podcast. That means
              > you have to give them credit card number!

              My podcast appers suddenly, without doing nothing ! I didn't ask for
              that. But it's on the first page of itunes directory france.... They can
              always wait for me to pay something I don't even ask :p

              I just fear now, the download to grow up a little too much. My host
              won't appreciate.

              Olivier