Re: [podcasters] Re: submit to iTunes

  • Douglas E. Welch
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
      > On the other hand I could just stuff Apple and forget iTunes. It's a
      > damned sight easier and our audience is growing at 700% a month without
      > them.

      Than why the complaint?

      Douglas

      --
      Three Ring Circus: How real couples balance marriage, work and family
      Buy your copy today! -- http://welchwrite.com/trc/
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
        I'd rather it was growing at 1400%.

        Call me selfish.

        George
        www.ultimathule.info

        > On the other hand I could just stuff Apple and forget iTunes. It's a
        > damned sight easier and our audience is growing at 700% a month
        without
        > them.

        Than why the complaint?

        Douglas

        --
        Three Ring Circus: How real couples balance marriage, work and family
        Buy your copy today! -- http://welchwrite.com/trc/

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "podcasters
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters> " on the web.

        _____

      • Jake McKee
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
          Apparently... from your exceeded bandwidth message...

          Les Posen wrote:

          > On 01/07/2005, at 2:41 PM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:
          >
          > >> ...and if you're unfortunate enough to live in Australia, or any
          > >> of the
          > >> other countries not on Apple's rather short list you can't even
          > >> submit a
          > >> credit card - therefore no account and no ability to submit a cast.
          > >>

          > > I may have missed this...but can't someone else submit it for you?
          > >

          > As long as they have an account, yes.
          >
          > The process would be invisible to Apple. It would be as if the
          > account holder is acting as your agent or proxy. Probably a business
          > there for someone to soak up all that eager Aussie talent!
          >
          > Me, I bypassed the system restrictions and legitimately got me an
          > account when I visited the US earlier in the year just by following
          > Apple instructions and a cost of $20.
          >
          > Where there's a will...
          >
          > Les

        • Les Posen
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
            On 01/07/2005, at 3:01 PM, Jake McKee wrote:

            > Apparently... from your exceeded bandwidth message...

            Sorry, jake, that comment's gone right through to the 'keeper!

            Now George, you said:

            On the other hand I could just stuff Apple and forget iTunes. It's a
            damned sight easier and our audience is growing at 700% a month without
            them.

            George

            Which means you may have gone from 1 to 7 (your extended family ;-)
            or 100 to 700 or 1000 to 7000...

            So I agree with you - at that rate, stuff Apple, and give all the
            other podcasters a break and an opportunity to have their 15GB in the
            sun!

            Les
          • Chuck Tomasi
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
              I've also heard from the visually impaired that the iTunes sight is not
              friendly to the accessibility programs. For shame Apple. I did my good
              deed and submitted a podcast for another producer. Wouldn't it be
              ironic if his show got listed before mine. :-)

              --Chuck

              On Jun 30, 2005, at 11:41 PM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:

              > > ...and if you're unfortunate enough to live in Australia, or any of
              > the
              > > other countries not on Apple's rather short list you can't even
              > submit a
              > > credit card - therefore no account and no ability to submit a cast.
              >
              > I may have missed this...but can't someone else submit it for you?
            • Olivier
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 4, 2005
                Hop,

                Rev. Jeva Singh-Anand, M.A. a écrit :
                > You need to have an iTunes account to submit your podcast. That means
                > you have to give them credit card number!

                My podcast appers suddenly, without doing nothing ! I didn't ask for
                that. But it's on the first page of itunes directory france.... They can
                always wait for me to pay something I don't even ask :p

                I just fear now, the download to grow up a little too much. My host
                won't appreciate.

                Olivier