RE: [podcasters] Re: submit to iTunes

  • George Cruickshank
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
      On the other hand I could just stuff Apple and forget iTunes. It's a
      damned sight easier and our audience is growing at 700% a month without
      them.

      George
      www.ultimathule.info

      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
        > On the other hand I could just stuff Apple and forget iTunes. It's a
        > damned sight easier and our audience is growing at 700% a month without
        > them.

        Than why the complaint?

        Douglas

        --
        Three Ring Circus: How real couples balance marriage, work and family
        Buy your copy today! -- http://welchwrite.com/trc/
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
          I'd rather it was growing at 1400%.

          Call me selfish.

          George
          www.ultimathule.info

          > On the other hand I could just stuff Apple and forget iTunes. It's a
          > damned sight easier and our audience is growing at 700% a month
          without
          > them.

          Than why the complaint?

          Douglas

          --

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          * Visit your group "podcasters
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters> " on the web.

          _____

        • Jake McKee
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
            Apparently... from your exceeded bandwidth message...

            Les Posen wrote:

            > On 01/07/2005, at 2:41 PM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:
            >
            > >> ...and if you're unfortunate enough to live in Australia, or any
            > >> of the
            > >> other countries not on Apple's rather short list you can't even
            > >> submit a
            > >> credit card - therefore no account and no ability to submit a cast.
            > >>

            > > I may have missed this...but can't someone else submit it for you?
            > >

            > As long as they have an account, yes.
            >
            > The process would be invisible to Apple. It would be as if the
            > account holder is acting as your agent or proxy. Probably a business
            > there for someone to soak up all that eager Aussie talent!
            >
            > Me, I bypassed the system restrictions and legitimately got me an
            > account when I visited the US earlier in the year just by following
            > Apple instructions and a cost of $20.
            >
            > Where there's a will...
            >
            > Les

          • Les Posen
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
              On 01/07/2005, at 3:01 PM, Jake McKee wrote:

              > Apparently... from your exceeded bandwidth message...

              Sorry, jake, that comment's gone right through to the 'keeper!

              Now George, you said:

              On the other hand I could just stuff Apple and forget iTunes. It's a
              damned sight easier and our audience is growing at 700% a month without
              them.

              George

              Which means you may have gone from 1 to 7 (your extended family ;-)
              or 100 to 700 or 1000 to 7000...

              So I agree with you - at that rate, stuff Apple, and give all the
              other podcasters a break and an opportunity to have their 15GB in the
              sun!

              Les
            • Chuck Tomasi
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
                I've also heard from the visually impaired that the iTunes sight is not
                friendly to the accessibility programs. For shame Apple. I did my good
                deed and submitted a podcast for another producer. Wouldn't it be
                ironic if his show got listed before mine. :-)

                --Chuck

                On Jun 30, 2005, at 11:41 PM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:

                > > ...and if you're unfortunate enough to live in Australia, or any of
                > the
                > > other countries not on Apple's rather short list you can't even
                > submit a
                > > credit card - therefore no account and no ability to submit a cast.
                >
                > I may have missed this...but can't someone else submit it for you?
              • Olivier
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 4, 2005
                  Hop,

                  Rev. Jeva Singh-Anand, M.A. a écrit :
                  > You need to have an iTunes account to submit your podcast. That means
                  > you have to give them credit card number!

                  My podcast appers suddenly, without doing nothing ! I didn't ask for
                  that. But it's on the first page of itunes directory france.... They can
                  always wait for me to pay something I don't even ask :p

                  I just fear now, the download to grow up a little too much. My host
                  won't appreciate.

                  Olivier