Re: [podcasters] Re: submit to iTunes

  • Douglas E. Welch
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
      > ...and if you're unfortunate enough to live in Australia, or any of the
      > other countries not on Apple's rather short list you can't even submit a
      > credit card - therefore no account and no ability to submit a cast.

      I may have missed this...but can't someone else submit it for you?

      Douglas

      --
      "Look at any 10 small companies today, regardless of the industry they are
      in, and you will find 5 or more that have no full-time technology staff. "

      Helping out, ComputorEdge Magazine, Aug 17, 2001
      Read it all at: http://www.welchwrite.com/dewelch/ce/ce010817.asp
    • Les Posen
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
        On 01/07/2005, at 2:41 PM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:

        >> ...and if you're unfortunate enough to live in Australia, or any
        >> of the
        >> other countries not on Apple's rather short list you can't even
        >> submit a
        >> credit card - therefore no account and no ability to submit a cast.
        >>

        > I may have missed this...but can't someone else submit it for you?

        As long as they have an account, yes.

        The process would be invisible to Apple. It would be as if the
        account holder is acting as your agent or proxy. Probably a business
        there for someone to soak up all that eager Aussie talent!

        Me, I bypassed the system restrictions and legitimately got me an
        account when I visited the US earlier in the year just by following
        Apple instructions and a cost of $20.

        Where there's a will...

        Les
      • George Cruickshank
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
          On the other hand I could just stuff Apple and forget iTunes. It's a
          damned sight easier and our audience is growing at 700% a month without
          them.

          George
          www.ultimathule.info

          On 01/07/2005, at 2:41 PM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:

          >> ...and if you're unfortunate enough to live in Australia, or any
          >> of the
          >> other countries not on Apple's rather short list you can't even
          >> submit a
          >> credit card - therefore no account and no ability to submit a cast.
          >>

          > I may have missed this...but can't someone else submit it for you?

          As long as they have an account, yes.

          The process would be invisible to Apple. It would be as if the
          account holder is acting as your agent or proxy. Probably a business
          there for someone to soak up all that eager Aussie talent!

          Me, I bypassed the system restrictions and legitimately got me an
          account when I visited the US earlier in the year just by following
          Apple instructions and a cost of $20.

          Where there's a will...

          Les

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          * Visit your group "podcasters
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters> " on the web.

          _____

        • Douglas E. Welch
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
            > On the other hand I could just stuff Apple and forget iTunes. It's a
            > damned sight easier and our audience is growing at 700% a month without
            > them.

            Than why the complaint?

            Douglas

            --
            Three Ring Circus: How real couples balance marriage, work and family
            Buy your copy today! -- http://welchwrite.com/trc/
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
              I'd rather it was growing at 1400%.

              Call me selfish.

              George
              www.ultimathule.info

              > On the other hand I could just stuff Apple and forget iTunes. It's a
              > damned sight easier and our audience is growing at 700% a month
              without
              > them.

              Than why the complaint?

              Douglas

              --
              Three Ring Circus: How real couples balance marriage, work and family
              Buy your copy today! -- http://welchwrite.com/trc/

              _____

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              * Visit your group "podcasters
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters> " on the web.

              _____

            • Jake McKee
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
                Apparently... from your exceeded bandwidth message...

                Les Posen wrote:

                > On 01/07/2005, at 2:41 PM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:
                >
                > >> ...and if you're unfortunate enough to live in Australia, or any
                > >> of the
                > >> other countries not on Apple's rather short list you can't even
                > >> submit a
                > >> credit card - therefore no account and no ability to submit a cast.
                > >>

                > > I may have missed this...but can't someone else submit it for you?
                > >

                > As long as they have an account, yes.
                >
                > The process would be invisible to Apple. It would be as if the
                > account holder is acting as your agent or proxy. Probably a business
                > there for someone to soak up all that eager Aussie talent!
                >
                > Me, I bypassed the system restrictions and legitimately got me an
                > account when I visited the US earlier in the year just by following
                > Apple instructions and a cost of $20.
                >
                > Where there's a will...
                >
                > Les

              • Les Posen
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
                  On 01/07/2005, at 3:01 PM, Jake McKee wrote:

                  > Apparently... from your exceeded bandwidth message...

                  Sorry, jake, that comment's gone right through to the 'keeper!

                  Now George, you said:

                  On the other hand I could just stuff Apple and forget iTunes. It's a
                  damned sight easier and our audience is growing at 700% a month without
                  them.

                  George

                  Which means you may have gone from 1 to 7 (your extended family ;-)
                  or 100 to 700 or 1000 to 7000...

                  So I agree with you - at that rate, stuff Apple, and give all the
                  other podcasters a break and an opportunity to have their 15GB in the
                  sun!

                  Les
                • Chuck Tomasi
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
                    I've also heard from the visually impaired that the iTunes sight is not
                    friendly to the accessibility programs. For shame Apple. I did my good
                    deed and submitted a podcast for another producer. Wouldn't it be
                    ironic if his show got listed before mine. :-)

                    --Chuck

                    On Jun 30, 2005, at 11:41 PM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:

                    > > ...and if you're unfortunate enough to live in Australia, or any of
                    > the
                    > > other countries not on Apple's rather short list you can't even
                    > submit a
                    > > credit card - therefore no account and no ability to submit a cast.
                    >
                    > I may have missed this...but can't someone else submit it for you?
                  • Olivier
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 4, 2005
                      Hop,

                      Rev. Jeva Singh-Anand, M.A. a écrit :
                      > You need to have an iTunes account to submit your podcast. That means
                      > you have to give them credit card number!

                      My podcast appers suddenly, without doing nothing ! I didn't ask for
                      that. But it's on the first page of itunes directory france.... They can
                      always wait for me to pay something I don't even ask :p

                      I just fear now, the download to grow up a little too much. My host
                      won't appreciate.

                      Olivier