Re: [podcasters] Re: submit to iTunes

  • Les Posen
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
      On 01/07/2005, at 12:40 PM, Rev. Jeva Singh-Anand, M.A. wrote:

      > You need to have an iTunes account to submit your podcast. That means
      > you have to give them credit card number!
      >
      > What a rip-off!!!

      Consider it a Finder's Fee!

      Les
    • George Cruickshank
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
        ...and if you're unfortunate enough to live in Australia, or any of the
        other countries not on Apple's rather short list you can't even submit a
        credit card - therefore no account and no ability to submit a cast.

        George
        www.ultimathule.info

        On 01/07/2005, at 12:40 PM, Rev. Jeva Singh-Anand, M.A. wrote:

        > You need to have an iTunes account to submit your podcast. That means
        > you have to give them credit card number!
        >
        > What a rip-off!!!

        Consider it a Finder's Fee!

        Les

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "podcasters
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters> " on the web.

        _____

      • Douglas E. Welch
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
          > ...and if you're unfortunate enough to live in Australia, or any of the
          > other countries not on Apple's rather short list you can't even submit a
          > credit card - therefore no account and no ability to submit a cast.

          I may have missed this...but can't someone else submit it for you?

          Douglas

          --
          "Look at any 10 small companies today, regardless of the industry they are
          in, and you will find 5 or more that have no full-time technology staff. "

          Helping out, ComputorEdge Magazine, Aug 17, 2001
          Read it all at: http://www.welchwrite.com/dewelch/ce/ce010817.asp
        • Les Posen
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
            On 01/07/2005, at 2:41 PM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:

            >> ...and if you're unfortunate enough to live in Australia, or any
            >> of the
            >> other countries not on Apple's rather short list you can't even
            >> submit a
            >> credit card - therefore no account and no ability to submit a cast.
            >>

            > I may have missed this...but can't someone else submit it for you?

            As long as they have an account, yes.

            The process would be invisible to Apple. It would be as if the
            account holder is acting as your agent or proxy. Probably a business
            there for someone to soak up all that eager Aussie talent!

            Me, I bypassed the system restrictions and legitimately got me an
            account when I visited the US earlier in the year just by following
            Apple instructions and a cost of $20.

            Where there's a will...

            Les
          • George Cruickshank
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
              On the other hand I could just stuff Apple and forget iTunes. It's a
              damned sight easier and our audience is growing at 700% a month without
              them.

              George
              www.ultimathule.info

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
                > On the other hand I could just stuff Apple and forget iTunes. It's a
                > damned sight easier and our audience is growing at 700% a month without
                > them.

                Than why the complaint?

                Douglas

                --
                Three Ring Circus: How real couples balance marriage, work and family
                Buy your copy today! -- http://welchwrite.com/trc/
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
                  I'd rather it was growing at 1400%.

                  Call me selfish.

                  George
                  www.ultimathule.info

                  > On the other hand I could just stuff Apple and forget iTunes. It's a
                  > damned sight easier and our audience is growing at 700% a month
                  without
                  > them.

                  Than why the complaint?

                  Douglas

                  --
                  Three Ring Circus: How real couples balance marriage, work and family
                  Buy your copy today! -- http://welchwrite.com/trc/

                  _____

                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  * Visit your group "podcasters
                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters> " on the web.

                  _____

                • Jake McKee
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
                    Apparently... from your exceeded bandwidth message...

                    Les Posen wrote:

                    > On 01/07/2005, at 2:41 PM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:
                    >
                    > >> ...and if you're unfortunate enough to live in Australia, or any
                    > >> of the
                    > >> other countries not on Apple's rather short list you can't even
                    > >> submit a
                    > >> credit card - therefore no account and no ability to submit a cast.
                    > >>

                    > > I may have missed this...but can't someone else submit it for you?
                    > >

                    > As long as they have an account, yes.
                    >
                    > The process would be invisible to Apple. It would be as if the
                    > account holder is acting as your agent or proxy. Probably a business
                    > there for someone to soak up all that eager Aussie talent!
                    >
                    > Me, I bypassed the system restrictions and legitimately got me an
                    > account when I visited the US earlier in the year just by following
                    > Apple instructions and a cost of $20.
                    >
                    > Where there's a will...
                    >
                    > Les

                  • Les Posen
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
                      On 01/07/2005, at 3:01 PM, Jake McKee wrote:

                      > Apparently... from your exceeded bandwidth message...

                      Sorry, jake, that comment's gone right through to the 'keeper!

                      Now George, you said:

                      On the other hand I could just stuff Apple and forget iTunes. It's a
                      damned sight easier and our audience is growing at 700% a month without
                      them.

                      George

                      Which means you may have gone from 1 to 7 (your extended family ;-)
                      or 100 to 700 or 1000 to 7000...

                      So I agree with you - at that rate, stuff Apple, and give all the
                      other podcasters a break and an opportunity to have their 15GB in the
                      sun!

                      Les
                    • Chuck Tomasi
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
                        I've also heard from the visually impaired that the iTunes sight is not
                        friendly to the accessibility programs. For shame Apple. I did my good
                        deed and submitted a podcast for another producer. Wouldn't it be
                        ironic if his show got listed before mine. :-)

                        --Chuck

                        On Jun 30, 2005, at 11:41 PM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:

                        > > ...and if you're unfortunate enough to live in Australia, or any of
                        > the
                        > > other countries not on Apple's rather short list you can't even
                        > submit a
                        > > credit card - therefore no account and no ability to submit a cast.
                        >
                        > I may have missed this...but can't someone else submit it for you?
                      • Olivier
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 4, 2005
                          Hop,

                          Rev. Jeva Singh-Anand, M.A. a écrit :
                          > You need to have an iTunes account to submit your podcast. That means
                          > you have to give them credit card number!

                          My podcast appers suddenly, without doing nothing ! I didn't ask for
                          that. But it's on the first page of itunes directory france.... They can
                          always wait for me to pay something I don't even ask :p

                          I just fear now, the download to grow up a little too much. My host
                          won't appreciate.

                          Olivier