Re: submit to iTunes

  • Rev. Jeva Singh-Anand, M.A.
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 30 7:40 PM
      You need to have an iTunes account to submit your podcast. That means
      you have to give them credit card number!

      What a rip-off!!!

      Jeva
      www.lanceandgraal.com

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Humphrey" <dhump3@h...>
      wrote:
      > Can someone provide the link for submitting a podcast to iTunes.
      > I can get it work, maybe wrong one.
      > Thanks
      > Dennis
      > http://www.radiomemoriesnetwork.com
    • Les Posen
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 30 9:11 PM
        On 01/07/2005, at 12:40 PM, Rev. Jeva Singh-Anand, M.A. wrote:

        > You need to have an iTunes account to submit your podcast. That means
        > you have to give them credit card number!
        >
        > What a rip-off!!!

        Consider it a Finder's Fee!

        Les
      • George Cruickshank
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 30 9:34 PM
          ...and if you're unfortunate enough to live in Australia, or any of the
          other countries not on Apple's rather short list you can't even submit a
          credit card - therefore no account and no ability to submit a cast.

          George
          www.ultimathule.info

          On 01/07/2005, at 12:40 PM, Rev. Jeva Singh-Anand, M.A. wrote:

          > You need to have an iTunes account to submit your podcast. That means
          > you have to give them credit card number!
          >
          > What a rip-off!!!

          Consider it a Finder's Fee!

          Les

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          * Visit your group "podcasters
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters> " on the web.

          _____

        • Douglas E. Welch
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 30 9:41 PM
            > ...and if you're unfortunate enough to live in Australia, or any of the
            > other countries not on Apple's rather short list you can't even submit a
            > credit card - therefore no account and no ability to submit a cast.

            I may have missed this...but can't someone else submit it for you?

            Douglas

            --
            "Look at any 10 small companies today, regardless of the industry they are
            in, and you will find 5 or more that have no full-time technology staff. "

            Helping out, ComputorEdge Magazine, Aug 17, 2001
            Read it all at: http://www.welchwrite.com/dewelch/ce/ce010817.asp
          • Les Posen
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 30 9:48 PM
              On 01/07/2005, at 2:41 PM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:

              >> ...and if you're unfortunate enough to live in Australia, or any
              >> of the
              >> other countries not on Apple's rather short list you can't even
              >> submit a
              >> credit card - therefore no account and no ability to submit a cast.
              >>

              > I may have missed this...but can't someone else submit it for you?

              As long as they have an account, yes.

              The process would be invisible to Apple. It would be as if the
              account holder is acting as your agent or proxy. Probably a business
              there for someone to soak up all that eager Aussie talent!

              Me, I bypassed the system restrictions and legitimately got me an
              account when I visited the US earlier in the year just by following
              Apple instructions and a cost of $20.

              Where there's a will...

              Les
            • George Cruickshank
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 30 9:49 PM
                On the other hand I could just stuff Apple and forget iTunes. It's a
                damned sight easier and our audience is growing at 700% a month without
                them.

                George
                www.ultimathule.info

                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 30 9:59 PM
                  > On the other hand I could just stuff Apple and forget iTunes. It's a
                  > damned sight easier and our audience is growing at 700% a month without
                  > them.

                  Than why the complaint?

                  Douglas

                  --
                  Three Ring Circus: How real couples balance marriage, work and family
                  Buy your copy today! -- http://welchwrite.com/trc/
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 30 10:01 PM
                    I'd rather it was growing at 1400%.

                    Call me selfish.

                    George
                    www.ultimathule.info

                    > On the other hand I could just stuff Apple and forget iTunes. It's a
                    > damned sight easier and our audience is growing at 700% a month
                    without
                    > them.

                    Than why the complaint?

                    Douglas

                    --
                    Three Ring Circus: How real couples balance marriage, work and family
                    Buy your copy today! -- http://welchwrite.com/trc/

                    _____

                    YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                    * Visit your group "podcasters
                    <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters> " on the web.

                    _____

                  • Jake McKee
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 30 10:01 PM
                      Apparently... from your exceeded bandwidth message...

                      Les Posen wrote:

                      > On 01/07/2005, at 2:41 PM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:
                      >
                      > >> ...and if you're unfortunate enough to live in Australia, or any
                      > >> of the
                      > >> other countries not on Apple's rather short list you can't even
                      > >> submit a
                      > >> credit card - therefore no account and no ability to submit a cast.
                      > >>

                      > > I may have missed this...but can't someone else submit it for you?
                      > >

                      > As long as they have an account, yes.
                      >
                      > The process would be invisible to Apple. It would be as if the
                      > account holder is acting as your agent or proxy. Probably a business
                      > there for someone to soak up all that eager Aussie talent!
                      >
                      > Me, I bypassed the system restrictions and legitimately got me an
                      > account when I visited the US earlier in the year just by following
                      > Apple instructions and a cost of $20.
                      >
                      > Where there's a will...
                      >
                      > Les

                    • Les Posen
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 30 10:08 PM
                        On 01/07/2005, at 3:01 PM, Jake McKee wrote:

                        > Apparently... from your exceeded bandwidth message...

                        Sorry, jake, that comment's gone right through to the 'keeper!

                        Now George, you said:

                        On the other hand I could just stuff Apple and forget iTunes. It's a
                        damned sight easier and our audience is growing at 700% a month without
                        them.

                        George

                        Which means you may have gone from 1 to 7 (your extended family ;-)
                        or 100 to 700 or 1000 to 7000...

                        So I agree with you - at that rate, stuff Apple, and give all the
                        other podcasters a break and an opportunity to have their 15GB in the
                        sun!

                        Les
                      • Chuck Tomasi
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
                          I've also heard from the visually impaired that the iTunes sight is not
                          friendly to the accessibility programs. For shame Apple. I did my good
                          deed and submitted a podcast for another producer. Wouldn't it be
                          ironic if his show got listed before mine. :-)

                          --Chuck

                          On Jun 30, 2005, at 11:41 PM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:

                          > > ...and if you're unfortunate enough to live in Australia, or any of
                          > the
                          > > other countries not on Apple's rather short list you can't even
                          > submit a
                          > > credit card - therefore no account and no ability to submit a cast.
                          >
                          > I may have missed this...but can't someone else submit it for you?
                        • Olivier
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 4, 2005
                            Hop,

                            Rev. Jeva Singh-Anand, M.A. a écrit :
                            > You need to have an iTunes account to submit your podcast. That means
                            > you have to give them credit card number!

                            My podcast appers suddenly, without doing nothing ! I didn't ask for
                            that. But it's on the first page of itunes directory france.... They can
                            always wait for me to pay something I don't even ask :p

                            I just fear now, the download to grow up a little too much. My host
                            won't appreciate.

                            Olivier