Portable mics?

  • Matt May
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 20, 2004
      What do people recommend for a mic that will travel well? The Sony I
      used (before it was stolen) was barely adequate, and I'm not excited
      to be bringing my big old condenser mic and my Behringer mixer with me
      wherever I may roam...

      -
    • Julian Yahoo 1
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 21, 2004
        I'd trust Tod Maffin's recommendation of an Electrovoice 635A if you want
        to play safe.

        http://radio.blogware.com/blog/Podcasting101/Microphones

        Alternatively go to your local disco or audio hire (they are still called
        that in the Yellow Pages here) place and ask them what they use for
        Karaoke - that should be fine (they won't use the $10 Walmart mic I used for
        my first 2 podcasts) and will be robust.

        Julian

        What do people recommend for a mic that will travel well? The Sony I
        used (before it was stolen) was barely adequate, and I'm not excited
        to be bringing my big old condenser mic and my Behringer mixer with me
        wherever I may roam...

        -

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

      • Steve Garfield
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 21, 2004
          I use the Electrovoice 635A/B too. It's great.
          --Steve

          On Dec 21, 2004, at 5:50 AM, Julian Yahoo 1 wrote:

          > I'd trust Tod Maffin's recommendation of anĀ  Electrovoice 635A if you
          > want
          > to play safe.

          Steve Garfield
          http://stevegarfield.com