Re: [podcasters] Lag time between Publish to iTunes listing?

  • Dennis A. Amith
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 30, 2005
      On 6/30/05 5:51 PM, "Stephen Eley" <SFEley@...> wrote:

      > On 6/30/05, Chuck Tomasi <chuck@...> wrote:
      >> I've been wondering the same thing for 48 hours. Don't hold your
      >> breath.
      >
      > I'm not trying to apologize for them, but consider: like every other
      > podcast directory out there, they're said to have real humans checking
      > submitted feeds to make sure they're real podcasts.
      >
      > It takes Podcast Alley a few days to approve a podcast once it's
      > submitted to them, and nobody freaks out about that. Although Apple
      > really did a crappy job with their directory to start with, and they
      > deserve all the heat they're taking for that, it really shouldn't
      > surprise anyone that submissions to fix that aren't getting approved
      > instantaneously.
      >
      > Now if it takes several days, they deserve a black eye. And if it
      > takes a week, bring out the torches.

      I'm curious how difficult is it and does it take a lot of people to do that.
      I figured that if they are using the same staff who are busy with updating
      the music and as one mentioned that it takes a while for bands to get their
      stuff on iTunes, kind of wondered if Apple knew what they were getting into
      and how many podcast shows were out there.

      - daa
      --
      J!-ENT RADIO: Podcast Edition
      Japanese and Asian entertainment and pop culture
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 30, 2005
        On 6/30/05, Chris Kalaboukis <ck@...> wrote:
        > On another note, did I see a bug in their ITunes RSS doc? I see an
        > itunes:image tag but the sample shows a itunes:link tag....or did I miss
        > that conversation?

        Yeah, a few of us have been annoyed by that discrepancy for a while
        now. I'm really looking for someone in the know to set the record
        straight.

        ness and epiphanies you've had with the iTunes 4.9 release here:

        http://www.voxmedia.org/wiki/ITunes_Tips

        Ryan
      • Chuck Tomasi
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 30, 2005

          (Read this in the voice of Jason Alexander doing George Castanza)

          I'M WARMING UP THE FLAMETHROWER!

          > Now if it takes several days, they deserve a black eye.  And if it
          > takes a week, bring out the torches.
        • Reed Porter
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 30, 2005
            May I have him doing Duckman instead? Thanks.

            On 6/30/05, Chuck Tomasi <chuck@...> wrote:

            > (Read this in the voice of Jason Alexander doing George Castanza)
            >
            > I'M WARMING UP THE FLAMETHROWER!
            >
            > > Now if it takes several days, they deserve a black eye. And if it
            > > takes a week, bring out the torches.

            Reed Porter
            http://www.kccoffeehouse.com/blog

          • Ryan Ozawa