Acknowledging Creative Commons Music?

  • Julian Yahoo 1
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2004
      I'm using music under a

      My problem may be quite easy: I use one track for a short podcast with a simple voice over - so I'm starting (from today) to put in an acknowledgement at the end:

      ("This is Julian Doncaster leaving you with 'woof woof woof' by the Plague Dogs licensed to us under Creative Commons by Cleora de Ville publications")

      What (for example) do those of you do who use half a dozen or more tracks per podcast? Is it sufficient to have an acknowledgement of the sources on the web page - or does that mean that you then have to mention the web page inn the audio? Or is it enough to have an acknowledgement in the url mentioned on the RSS channel feed - or even in a web page referenced in the MP3 metadat?

      Thanks for any comments

      Julian

    • Julian Yahoo 1
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 19, 2004
        Left a bit out: the first para should have said:

        >I'm using music under a Creative Commons license.

        Julian

      • Harold Johnson
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 20, 2004
          Hi Julian,

          Personally I feel it's best to acknowledge the works of other artists
          in the podcast recording itself, because most of your subscribers
          probably aren't going to be checking out your site or the RSS file for
          the attribution. If you don't acknowledge the artist within your
          recording, the listener may assume that the music was your creation,
          and that's just not right.

          That's my take, anyway.

          Harold
          http://SomethingthatHappened.com