Test My Feed in Ipodder?

  • Richard j Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 15, 2004
      Hi all~
      Ok, I need a test of my xml file. I was told that my file isn't
      working in ipodder. It works fine in doppler. could someone test
      for me.

      My xml feed: http://www.richardjsmith.net/vault.xml

      thank you,
      Richard j Smith
      www.richardjsmith.net
    • Pete Prodoehl
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 15, 2004
        Richard j Smith wrote:

        > Hi all~
        > Ok, I need a test of my xml file. I was told that my file isn't
        > working in ipodder. It works fine in doppler. could someone test
        > for me.
        >
        > My xml feed: http://www.richardjsmith.net/vault.xml

        Tested with Feed Validator:

        http://www.feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.richardjsmith.net%2Fvault.xml

        Got this error:

        Server returned (-3, 'Temporary failure in name resolution')

        Network problem?

        I got the feed manually and ran through my copy of the validator:

        validatefeed.py vault.xml
        Validating vault.xml
        line 8, column 46: lastBuildDate must be an RFC-822 date
        line 21, column 41: pubDate must be an RFC-822 date

        Looks like this is bad:

        WED, 15 DEC 2004 08:02:00 CNT

        Should be Wed and Dec (case-sensitive)

        Also, not sure about the CNT as I always use GMT

        Pete
      • Richard j Smith
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 15, 2004
          thanks pete, I will rewrite the code soon as I get a chance in a few
          minutes.

          Richard

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Pete Prodoehl <pete@r...> wrote:
          > Richard j Smith wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi all~
          > > Ok, I need a test of my xml file. I was told that my file
          isn't
          > > working in ipodder. It works fine in doppler. could someone
          test
          > > for me.
          > >
          > > My xml feed: http://www.richardjsmith.net/vault.xml
          >
          > Tested with Feed Validator:
          >
          > http://www.feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%
          2Fwww.richardjsmith.net%2Fvault.xml

          > Got this error:
          >
          > Server returned (-3, 'Temporary failure in name resolution')
          >
          > Network problem?
          >

          > I got the feed manually and ran through my copy of the validator:
          >
          > validatefeed.py vault.xml
          > Validating vault.xml
          > line 8, column 46: lastBuildDate must be an RFC-822 date
          > line 21, column 41: pubDate must be an RFC-822 date
          >
          > Looks like this is bad:
          >
          > WED, 15 DEC 2004 08:02:00 CNT
          >
          > Should be Wed and Dec (case-sensitive)
          >
          > Also, not sure about the CNT as I always use GMT
          >

          > Pete
        • Richard j Smith
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 15, 2004
            Just fixed the code. A retest would be great. Thanks Richard

            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Richard j Smith"
            <rjsmith68wi@y...> wrote:

            > thanks pete, I will rewrite the code soon as I get a chance in a
            few
            > minutes.
            >
            > Richard
            >
            > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Pete Prodoehl <pete@r...> wrote:
            > > Richard j Smith wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi all~
            > > > Ok, I need a test of my xml file. I was told that my file
            > isn't
            > > > working in ipodder. It works fine in doppler. could someone
            > test
            > > > for me.
            > > >
            > > > My xml feed: http://www.richardjsmith.net/vault.xml
            > >
            > > Tested with Feed Validator:
            > >
            > > http://www.feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%
            > 2Fwww.richardjsmith.net%2Fvault.xml
            > >
            > > Got this error:
            > >
            > > Server returned (-3, 'Temporary failure in name
            resolution')

            > > Network problem?
            > >

            > > I got the feed manually and ran through my copy of the validator:
            > >
            > > validatefeed.py vault.xml
            > > Validating vault.xml
            > > line 8, column 46: lastBuildDate must be an RFC-822 date
            > > line 21, column 41: pubDate must be an RFC-822 date
            > >
            > > Looks like this is bad:
            > >
            > > WED, 15 DEC 2004 08:02:00 CNT
            > >
            > > Should be Wed and Dec (case-sensitive)
            > >
            > > Also, not sure about the CNT as I always use GMT
            > >

            > > Pete
          • Harold Johnson
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 15, 2004
              It's still not validating, Richard. The error message is:

              Server returned (-3, 'Temporary failure in name resolution'

              An error occurred while trying to validate this feed. Possible causes:

              1. The address may be incorrect. Make sure the address is spelled
              correctly. Try loading the feed directly in your browser to make sure
              a feed exists at that address.
              2. The feed may be temporarily unavailable. The server may be down,
              or too slow. Try again later.
              3. The validator may be busted. If the feed exists, the server is
              fine, and the problem is reproducible, let us know on the
              feedvalidator-users mailing list.

              Harold J. Johnson
              http://SomethingthatHappened.com

              On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:04:58 -0000, Richard j Smith
              <rjsmith68wi@...> wrote:

              > Just fixed the code. A retest would be great. Thanks Richard
              >
              > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Richard j Smith"
              >
              > <rjsmith68wi@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > thanks pete, I will rewrite the code soon as I get a chance in a
              > few
              > > minutes.
              > >
              > > Richard
              > >
              > > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Pete Prodoehl <pete@r...> wrote:

              > > isn't
              > > test

              > > > Tested with Feed Validator:
              > > >
              > > > http://www.feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%
              > > 2Fwww.richardjsmith.net%2Fvault.xml
              > > >
              > > > Got this error:
              > > >
              > > > Server returned (-3, 'Temporary failure in name
              > resolution')
              > > >
              > > > Network problem?
              > > >

              > > > I got the feed manually and ran through my copy of the validator:
              > > >
              > > > validatefeed.py vault.xml
              > > > Validating vault.xml
              > > > line 8, column 46: lastBuildDate must be an RFC-822 date
              > > > line 21, column 41: pubDate must be an RFC-822 date
              > > >
              > > > Looks like this is bad:
              > > >
              > > > WED, 15 DEC 2004 08:02:00 CNT
              > > >
              > > > Should be Wed and Dec (case-sensitive)
              > > >
              > > > Also, not sure about the CNT as I always use GMT
              > > >

              > > > Pete
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • David Johnson
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 23, 2004
                I just got around to checking this heed with iPodder and it is working
                fine now. Looks like you've gotten all your issues resolved...:)

                On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:28:30 -0800, Harold Johnson
                <harold.johnson@...> wrote:

                > It's still not validating, Richard. The error message is:
                >
                > Server returned (-3, 'Temporary failure in name resolution'
                >
                > An error occurred while trying to validate this feed. Possible causes:
                >
                > 1. The address may be incorrect. Make sure the address is spelled
                > correctly. Try loading the feed directly in your browser to make sure
                > a feed exists at that address.
                > 2. The feed may be temporarily unavailable. The server may be down,
                > or too slow. Try again later.
                > 3. The validator may be busted. If the feed exists, the server is
                > fine, and the problem is reproducible, let us know on the
                > feedvalidator-users mailing list.
                >
                > Harold J. Johnson
                > http://SomethingthatHappened.com
                >
                > On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:04:58 -0000, Richard j Smith
                > <rjsmith68wi@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Just fixed the code. A retest would be great. Thanks Richard
                > >
                > > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Richard j Smith"
                > >
                > > <rjsmith68wi@y...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > thanks pete, I will rewrite the code soon as I get a chance in a
                > > few
                > > > minutes.
                > > >
                > > > Richard

                > > > isn't