Wired News: Nokia Draws Bead on IPod People

  • Dutch Driver
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
      The mobile phone space is where the big players will get serious about this
      medium.
      Nokia expects to sell 25 million smartphones this year -- handsets offering
      limited PC-type functions like e-mail -- more than doubling the 12 million
      it sold in 2004, according to a forecast by company CEO Jorma Ollila.
      He also said at a company event in Amsterdam that the company expects to
      ship 100 million camera phones in 2005, and that Nokia would sell 40 million
      phones with MP3 digital music players this year, compared with 10 million in
      2004.
      See the rest of the article at:

      http://www.wired.com/news/gizmos/0,1452,67380,00.html?tw=rss.GAD

      _______________
      Great Optimism,

      Dutch Driver
    • Dennis Hays
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
        Quoting Dutch Driver <dutch.driver.lists@...>:

        > The mobile phone space is where the big players will get
        > serious about this
        > medium.

        I can see some consolidation providing the devices have a usable
        form factor, capacity, and interface with software making
        installation of both podcasts and music as easy as possible.

        Of course, there is also the price...

        Dennis

        --
        Dennis Hays
        Secrets of Digital Imaging Audio Magazine