Re: [podcasters] show notes, search & play within podcasts

  • Matthew Terenzio
    Message 1 of 12 , May 31, 2005
      On May 31, 2005, at 12:47 PM, Jacek Artymiak wrote:

      > My company is working on a solution to that problem. We'll be opening
      > a beta program later this week. I'll let you all know what are the
      > requirements for the participation in the beta program when we are
      > ready to show you the software. It won't be long.
      >
      > --
      > Jacek Artymiak
      > devGuide.net

      Hi Jacek,

      Is this an Open Source project?

      Matt Terenzio

      Message 2 of 12 , May 31, 2005
        On 5/31/05, yoyolen <jyolen@...> wrote:
        > since Apple is supporting podcasting now in next iTunes, maybe they'll support something
        > like we're talking about it the iPod. if devices could support it, what would need to be done
        > on the pocast creation side?

        First, a standard would have to be devised and communicated. Until
        that step is done there'd really be no point in doing any work on any
        other part of the problem.

        ESCAPE POD - the SF podcast magazine
        http://escape.extraneous.org
      • Jacek Artymiak
        Message 3 of 12 , May 31, 2005
          On 5/31/05, Matthew Terenzio <matt@...> wrote:

          > On May 31, 2005, at 12:47 PM, Jacek Artymiak wrote:
          >
          > > My company is working on a solution to that problem. We'll be opening
          > > a beta program later this week. I'll let you all know what are the
          > > requirements for the participation in the beta program when we are
          > > ready to show you the software. It won't be long.
          > >
          > > --
          > > Jacek Artymiak
          > > devGuide.net
          >

          > Hi Jacek,
          >
          > Is this an Open Source project?
          >
          > Matt Terenzio

          No, but it uses standards and formats for which documentation is
          freely available on the Internet. We want to make moving data in and
          out of our software as easy as possible. It will be quite inexpensive.

          --
          Jacek Artymiak
          devGuide.net
          Message 4 of 12 , May 31, 2005
            Would anyone have some good links on podcasting with a PC? I've got the
            creation of the audio part down, it's the xml/rss on the PC part that I need
            advice and tools for. Thanks!

          • Jacek Artymiak
            Message 5 of 12 , May 31, 2005
              On 5/31/05, Ted Matsumura <matsumura@...> wrote:
              > Would anyone have some good links on podcasting with a PC? I've got the
              > creation of the audio part down, it's the xml/rss on the PC part that I need
              > advice and tools for. Thanks!

              If you want automatic blog/rss creation after you upload your podcast,
              I'd recommend http://www.libsyn.com

              --
              Jacek Artymiak
              devGuide.net
              Message 6 of 12 , May 31, 2005
                Quoting Ted Matsumura <matsumura@...>:

                > Would anyone have some good links on podcasting with a PC?
                > I've got the
                > creation of the audio part down, it's the xml/rss on the PC
                > part that I need
                > advice and tools for. Thanks!

                Take a look at a free XML/RSS creator called Podifier
                (http://www.pofifier.com) if you want to roll your own.

                HTH,
                Dennis

                --
                Dennis Hays
                http://www.HaysDesign.com
                Message 7 of 12 , May 31, 2005
                  Quoting Dennis Hays <dhays@...>:

                  > Quoting Ted Matsumura <matsumura@...>:
                  >
                  > > Would anyone have some good links on podcasting with a PC?
                  > > I've got the
                  > > creation of the audio part down, it's the xml/rss on the PC
                  > > part that I need
                  > > advice and tools for. Thanks!
                  >
                  > Take a look at a free XML/RSS creator called Podifier
                  > (http://www.pofifier.com) if you want to roll your own.

                  Whoops! That should have been:
                  http://www.podifier.com

                  Dennis

                  --
                  Dennis Hays
                  http://www.HaysDesign.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 31, 2005
                    We include an RSS builder in jPodder. 0.9.
                    Please give it a try.

                    www.jpodder.com