Re: [podcasters] show notes, search & play within podcasts

  • Jacek Artymiak
    Message 1 of 12 , May 31, 2005
      On 5/31/05, yoyolen <jyolen@...> wrote:
      > Forgive me if this has been covered before, but I'm a newbie.
      >
      > What I'm trying to understand is the issue of presenting information about the content
      > that's within a podcast and letting users easily go to those "segments." Essentially, is it
      > possible to provide show notes within the MP3 file that let people easily search and
      > discover the content they want to get to, if they don't want to listen to the whole show. Or
      > maybe it's doing a word search within the audio file. I'm sure that some people must be
      > working on this issue or at least thinking about it. What's the current status and what's
      > being planned in the future?
      >
      > Finally, are there any people I should contact that may be thinking about this issue?
      >
      > Cheers

      My company is working on a solution to that problem. We'll be opening
      a beta program later this week. I'll let you all know what are the
      requirements for the participation in the beta program when we are
      ready to show you the software. It won't be long.

      --
      Jacek Artymiak
      devGuide.net
      Message 2 of 12 , May 31, 2005
        On May 31, 2005, at 12:47 PM, Jacek Artymiak wrote:

        > My company is working on a solution to that problem. We'll be opening
        > a beta program later this week. I'll let you all know what are the
        > requirements for the participation in the beta program when we are
        > ready to show you the software. It won't be long.
        >
        > --
        > Jacek Artymiak
        > devGuide.net

        Hi Jacek,

        Is this an Open Source project?

        Matt Terenzio

        Message 3 of 12 , May 31, 2005
          On 5/31/05, yoyolen <jyolen@...> wrote:
          > since Apple is supporting podcasting now in next iTunes, maybe they'll support something
          > like we're talking about it the iPod. if devices could support it, what would need to be done
          > on the pocast creation side?

          First, a standard would have to be devised and communicated. Until
          that step is done there'd really be no point in doing any work on any
          other part of the problem.

          ESCAPE POD - the SF podcast magazine
          http://escape.extraneous.org
        • Jacek Artymiak
          Message 4 of 12 , May 31, 2005
            On 5/31/05, Matthew Terenzio <matt@...> wrote:

            > On May 31, 2005, at 12:47 PM, Jacek Artymiak wrote:
            >
            > > My company is working on a solution to that problem. We'll be opening
            > > a beta program later this week. I'll let you all know what are the
            > > requirements for the participation in the beta program when we are
            > > ready to show you the software. It won't be long.
            > >
            > > --
            > > Jacek Artymiak
            > > devGuide.net
            >

            > Hi Jacek,
            >
            > Is this an Open Source project?
            >
            > Matt Terenzio

            No, but it uses standards and formats for which documentation is
            freely available on the Internet. We want to make moving data in and
            out of our software as easy as possible. It will be quite inexpensive.

            --
            Jacek Artymiak
            devGuide.net
            Message 5 of 12 , May 31, 2005
              Would anyone have some good links on podcasting with a PC? I've got the
              creation of the audio part down, it's the xml/rss on the PC part that I need
              advice and tools for. Thanks!

            • Jacek Artymiak
              Message 6 of 12 , May 31, 2005
                On 5/31/05, Ted Matsumura <matsumura@...> wrote:
                > Would anyone have some good links on podcasting with a PC? I've got the
                > creation of the audio part down, it's the xml/rss on the PC part that I need
                > advice and tools for. Thanks!

                If you want automatic blog/rss creation after you upload your podcast,
                I'd recommend http://www.libsyn.com

                --
                Jacek Artymiak
                devGuide.net
                Message 7 of 12 , May 31, 2005
                  Quoting Ted Matsumura <matsumura@...>:

                  > Would anyone have some good links on podcasting with a PC?
                  > I've got the
                  > creation of the audio part down, it's the xml/rss on the PC
                  > part that I need
                  > advice and tools for. Thanks!

                  Take a look at a free XML/RSS creator called Podifier
                  (http://www.pofifier.com) if you want to roll your own.

                  HTH,
                  Dennis

                  --
                  Dennis Hays
                  http://www.HaysDesign.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 31, 2005
                    Quoting Dennis Hays <dhays@...>:

                    > Quoting Ted Matsumura <matsumura@...>:
                    >
                    > > Would anyone have some good links on podcasting with a PC?
                    > > I've got the
                    > > creation of the audio part down, it's the xml/rss on the PC
                    > > part that I need
                    > > advice and tools for. Thanks!
                    >
                    > Take a look at a free XML/RSS creator called Podifier
                    > (http://www.pofifier.com) if you want to roll your own.

                    Whoops! That should have been:
                    http://www.podifier.com

                    Dennis

                    --
                    Dennis Hays
                    http://www.HaysDesign.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 31, 2005
                      We include an RSS builder in jPodder. 0.9.
                      Please give it a try.

                      www.jpodder.com