Re: spam and your Yahoo ID Marketing Preferences
- spam and your Yahoo ID Marketing Preferences
Getting a Yahoo ID is a valuable tool, but along with it you can
get advertising spam. Here's how to cure the spam that you may be
getting since you started your Yahoo ID. You need to set your
Yahoo "marketing preferences". If you don't do this Yahoo can use
and sell your membership information to marketing businesses that
buy E-mail addresses. This is one way that Yahoo makes money
providing people like us with their free services.
Here's how to view and change your Yahoo ID's marketing preferences.
1) Got to http://groups.yahoo.com/ and click on the words
"Sign in" on the upper right side of screen.
2) On the next screen that appears, enter your Yahoo ID and
Password in the white boxes and click the "Sign in"
green button when done.
3) On the next screen that appears, click on the words
4) The next screen that appears will ask you for your
"Password" again. Enter it and click the green "Continue"
5) On the next screen that appears, in the middle of the screen,
click on the blue words "Edit your marketing preferences."
6) On the next screen that appears, click on the radio buttons
for either Yes or No to each marketing offer listed. Scroll
down and be sure to set all of them. Then scroll down to the
bottom of the page and click the green button that reads
7) You will be taken to a Confirmation screen after you click
"Save Changes" that reads:
Thank you, your changes have been saved. Please allow
approximately 5 days for this change to take effect. Continue
8) Click on the word "Continue".
9) On the next screen that appears, click the green button
that reads "Finished".
You're all done! Now it will take you to a web page that lists
all the Yahoo groups that you belong to called "My Groups".
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
- You need to check this avery so often as well.
The reason being is they have a sneaky way of resetting your
preferences, this began several years ago when they reset everyone's
preferences so that people began to receive every last marketing offer
they sent out.
About every three months once you have cleared your ID out of their
marketing scams, or if it is reported that they have done this again,