RE: [podcasters] Re: spam

  • IBN01
    Message 1 of 14 , May 30, 2005
      Well, you must be missing something, cause I have yet to get any spam
      from yahoo by having my ID listed. unless someone didn't like you.
      I've been using yahoo groups for over 4 years now, and run several
      groups. It was a suggestion, from one user to another.

      But hey, sounds like you got it under control.

      Message 2 of 14 , May 30, 2005
        Regardless of what people say, their are people
        trolling for emails on Yahoo. I have had the same
        yahoo ID for years, so I get at least 30 pieces of
        spam per day. But that is par with the course.

        Paul Puri
        Unsigned Podcast Network
        http://www.unsignedpodcast.com/
        Coming Soon

        --- IBN01 <ibn1@...> wrote:
        > Well, you must be missing something, cause I have
        > yet to get any spam
        > from yahoo by having my ID listed. unless someone
        > didn't like you.
        > I've been using yahoo groups for over 4 years now,
        > and run several
        > groups. It was a suggestion, from one user to
        > another.
        >
        > But hey, sounds like you got it under control.

      • David
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 19 4:01 AM
          Getting lots of spam and for me to moderate. All junk. what can i
          use to have block all this stuff?
        • Michael
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 19 7:47 AM
            I have been using spam bayes for several years, and it's the best one out
            there. http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/

            Tempus
            Getting lots of spam and for me to moderate. All junk. what can i
            use to have block all this stuff?

          • Matthew Wayne Selznick
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 19 10:28 AM
              On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 4:01 AM, David <mrhardrockcafe@...> wrote:
              > Getting lots of spam and for me to moderate. All junk. what can i
              > use to have block all this stuff?

              That all depends on what blog software you use to manage your podcast.
              A little more information?

              --
              Matthew Wayne Selznick
              Author, Podcaster