RE: [podcasters] Re: spam

  • IBN01
    Message 1 of 14 , May 30, 2005
      Check your marketing settings in your account manager for Yahoo.

      Message 2 of 14 , May 30, 2005
        On 5/30/05, IBN01 <ibn1@...> wrote:
        > Check your marketing settings in your account manager for Yahoo.

        I guess I'm and missing something, but how is that going to stop list
        members from send mail directly to other list members? I mean, it says
        that your address is ibn1@... - how does Yahoo stop
        me from sending something to that addess?
      • IBN01
        Message 3 of 14 , May 30, 2005
          Well, you must be missing something, cause I have yet to get any spam
          from yahoo by having my ID listed. unless someone didn't like you.
          I've been using yahoo groups for over 4 years now, and run several
          groups. It was a suggestion, from one user to another.

          But hey, sounds like you got it under control.

          > Check your marketing settings in your account manager for Yahoo.

          I guess I'm and missing something, but how is that going to stop list
          members from send mail directly to other list members? I mean, it says
          that your address is ibn1@... - how does Yahoo stop
          me from sending something to that addess?

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • paul
          Message 4 of 14 , May 30, 2005
            Regardless of what people say, their are people
            trolling for emails on Yahoo. I have had the same
            yahoo ID for years, so I get at least 30 pieces of
            spam per day. But that is par with the course.

            Paul Puri
            Unsigned Podcast Network
            http://www.unsignedpodcast.com/
            Coming Soon

            --- IBN01 <ibn1@...> wrote:
            > Well, you must be missing something, cause I have
            > yet to get any spam
            > from yahoo by having my ID listed. unless someone
            > didn't like you.
            > I've been using yahoo groups for over 4 years now,
            > and run several
            > groups. It was a suggestion, from one user to
            > another.
            >
            > But hey, sounds like you got it under control.

          • David
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 19, 2008
              Getting lots of spam and for me to moderate. All junk. what can i
              use to have block all this stuff?
            • Michael
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 19, 2008
                I have been using spam bayes for several years, and it's the best one out
                there. http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/

                Tempus
                Getting lots of spam and for me to moderate. All junk. what can i
                use to have block all this stuff?

              • Matthew Wayne Selznick
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 19, 2008
                  On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 4:01 AM, David <mrhardrockcafe@...> wrote:
                  > Getting lots of spam and for me to moderate. All junk. what can i
                  > use to have block all this stuff?

                  That all depends on what blog software you use to manage your podcast.
                  A little more information?

                  --
                  Matthew Wayne Selznick
                  Author, Podcaster