Re: [podcasters] Re: spam

  • Russell S. Holliman
    Message 1 of 14 , May 30, 2005
      what he said.

      On 5/29/05, ceramicvulture <ceramicvulture@...> wrote:
      > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "IBN01" <ibn1@i...> wrote:
      > > Russel, this is what I expected from the group since its int he group
      > > discussion. What you listed as SPAM is listed as what the group is for
      > >

      > > A mailing list for podcasters and podcast listeners to communicate about
      > > podcasting for the iPodder platform.
      >
      > Maybe Russell means the mails weren't sent to the Mailing List but
      > directly to his Yahoo email address.

    • IBN01
      Message 2 of 14 , May 30, 2005
        Check your marketing settings in your account manager for Yahoo.

        > > Russel, this is what I expected from the group since its int he
        group
        > > discussion. What you listed as SPAM is listed as what the group is
        for

        > > A mailing list for podcasters and podcast listeners to communicate
        about
        > > podcasting for the iPodder platform.
        >
        > Maybe Russell means the mails weren't sent to the Mailing List but
        > directly to his Yahoo email address.

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Russell S. Holliman
        Message 3 of 14 , May 30, 2005
          On 5/30/05, IBN01 <ibn1@...> wrote:
          > Check your marketing settings in your account manager for Yahoo.

          I guess I'm and missing something, but how is that going to stop list
          members from send mail directly to other list members? I mean, it says
          that your address is ibn1@... - how does Yahoo stop
          me from sending something to that addess?
        • IBN01
          Message 4 of 14 , May 30, 2005
            Well, you must be missing something, cause I have yet to get any spam
            from yahoo by having my ID listed. unless someone didn't like you.
            I've been using yahoo groups for over 4 years now, and run several
            groups. It was a suggestion, from one user to another.

            But hey, sounds like you got it under control.

            > Check your marketing settings in your account manager for Yahoo.

            I guess I'm and missing something, but how is that going to stop list
            members from send mail directly to other list members? I mean, it says
            that your address is ibn1@... - how does Yahoo stop
            me from sending something to that addess?

            _____

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • paul
            Message 5 of 14 , May 30, 2005
              Regardless of what people say, their are people
              trolling for emails on Yahoo. I have had the same
              yahoo ID for years, so I get at least 30 pieces of
              spam per day. But that is par with the course.

              Paul Puri
              Unsigned Podcast Network
              http://www.unsignedpodcast.com/
              Coming Soon

              --- IBN01 <ibn1@...> wrote:
              > Well, you must be missing something, cause I have
              > yet to get any spam
              > from yahoo by having my ID listed. unless someone
              > didn't like you.
              > I've been using yahoo groups for over 4 years now,
              > and run several
              > groups. It was a suggestion, from one user to
              > another.
              >
              > But hey, sounds like you got it under control.

            • David
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 19, 2008
                Getting lots of spam and for me to moderate. All junk. what can i
                use to have block all this stuff?
              • Michael
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 19, 2008
                  I have been using spam bayes for several years, and it's the best one out
                  there. http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/

                  Tempus
                  Getting lots of spam and for me to moderate. All junk. what can i
                  use to have block all this stuff?

                • Matthew Wayne Selznick
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 19, 2008
                    On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 4:01 AM, David <mrhardrockcafe@...> wrote:
                    > Getting lots of spam and for me to moderate. All junk. what can i
                    > use to have block all this stuff?

                    That all depends on what blog software you use to manage your podcast.
                    A little more information?

                    --
                    Matthew Wayne Selznick
                    Author, Podcaster