spam

  • cj
    Message 1 of 14 , May 28, 2005
      once I joined this group I got spammed by 30 email. what's that all about?

      Message 2 of 14 , May 28, 2005
        hi cj! i haven´t got spam mails. hm.
        sorry, I can´t help you with this question.
        S.

        http://youngfightclub.twoday.net/

        once I joined this group I got spammed by 30 email. what's that all about?
      • IBN01
        Message 3 of 14 , May 28, 2005
          Me either

          sorry, I can´t help you with this question.
          S.

          http://youngfightclub.twoday.net/

          once I joined this group I got spammed by 30 email. what's that all
          about?

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Russell S. Holliman
          Message 4 of 14 , May 29, 2005
            Depends on what you consider spam. I have received a number of emails
            sent directly to my account from other members advertising their new
            podcast directory, service, advertising opportunity, book, etc. Just
            because I joined the group does not mean I want any of this - to me
            it's spam.

            On 5/28/05, IBN01 <ibn1@...> wrote:
            > Me either

          • IBN01
            Message 5 of 14 , May 29, 2005
              Russel, this is what I expected from the group since its int he group
              discussion. What you listed as SPAM is listed as what the group is for

              A mailing list for podcasters and podcast listeners to communicate about
              podcasting for the iPodder platform.

              Share links to newly discovered podcasts, your experiences with
              podcasting software, or ask questions about what you need to put
              together a podcast of your own.

              On 5/28/05, IBN01 <ibn1@...> wrote:
              > Me either

              _____

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • ceramicvulture
              Message 6 of 14 , May 29, 2005
                --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "IBN01" <ibn1@i...> wrote:
                > Russel, this is what I expected from the group since its int he group
                > discussion. What you listed as SPAM is listed as what the group is for
                >

                > A mailing list for podcasters and podcast listeners to communicate about
                > podcasting for the iPodder platform.

                Maybe Russell means the mails weren't sent to the Mailing List but
                directly to his Yahoo email address.
              • Russell S. Holliman
                Message 7 of 14 , May 30, 2005
                  what he said.

                  Message 8 of 14 , May 30, 2005
                    Check your marketing settings in your account manager for Yahoo.

                    Message 9 of 14 , May 30, 2005
                      On 5/30/05, IBN01 <ibn1@...> wrote:
                      > Check your marketing settings in your account manager for Yahoo.

                      I guess I'm and missing something, but how is that going to stop list
                      members from send mail directly to other list members? I mean, it says
                      that your address is ibn1@... - how does Yahoo stop
                      me from sending something to that addess?
                    • IBN01
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 30, 2005
                        Well, you must be missing something, cause I have yet to get any spam
                        from yahoo by having my ID listed. unless someone didn't like you.
                        I've been using yahoo groups for over 4 years now, and run several
                        groups. It was a suggestion, from one user to another.

                        But hey, sounds like you got it under control.

                        > Check your marketing settings in your account manager for Yahoo.

                        I guess I'm and missing something, but how is that going to stop list
                        members from send mail directly to other list members? I mean, it says
                        that your address is ibn1@... - how does Yahoo stop
                        me from sending something to that addess?

                        _____

                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • paul
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 30, 2005
                          Regardless of what people say, their are people
                          trolling for emails on Yahoo. I have had the same
                          yahoo ID for years, so I get at least 30 pieces of
                          spam per day. But that is par with the course.

                          Paul Puri
                          Unsigned Podcast Network
                          http://www.unsignedpodcast.com/
                          Coming Soon

                          --- IBN01 <ibn1@...> wrote:
                          > Well, you must be missing something, cause I have
                          > yet to get any spam
                          > from yahoo by having my ID listed. unless someone
                          > didn't like you.
                          > I've been using yahoo groups for over 4 years now,
                          > and run several
                          > groups. It was a suggestion, from one user to
                          > another.
                          >
                          > But hey, sounds like you got it under control.

                        • David
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 19, 2008
                            Getting lots of spam and for me to moderate. All junk. what can i
                            use to have block all this stuff?
                          • Michael
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 19, 2008
                              I have been using spam bayes for several years, and it's the best one out
                              there. http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/

                              Tempus
                              Getting lots of spam and for me to moderate. All junk. what can i
                              use to have block all this stuff?

                            • Matthew Wayne Selznick
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 19, 2008
                                On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 4:01 AM, David <mrhardrockcafe@...> wrote:
                                > Getting lots of spam and for me to moderate. All junk. what can i
                                > use to have block all this stuff?

                                That all depends on what blog software you use to manage your podcast.
                                A little more information?

                                --
                                Matthew Wayne Selznick
                                Author, Podcaster